Egyptians rubbing poo-poo in their boo-boos

by drew sagan 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Billy, I'm not sure, but it would be my strong intuition that a JW would suggest that "older men", 3 of them to be precise, would be consulted as to how far out of camp one must go to take a poo in the sand.

There's nothing like fertilizing sand!

• White Dove
    White Dove

You know where it says to wash with water when touching anything dirty? Why not include some soap with that water? I always wondered about a wise god who ordered water but no soap to wash with.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

White Dove: "I always wondered about a wise god who ordered water but no soap to wash with."

Because soap was pagan! Check this out... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap#History

Yep, Babylon and Egypt! Obviously, soap is from the devil!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Great info Leolaia, and thanks for the extra quotes Billy the Ex-Bethelite.

An interseting side point. I wonder how this argument found its way into the "canon" of Watchtower arguments. It seems like something borrowed from a protestant source (possibly turn of the century?), but that is just a guess.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Here is one rare glimpse into Hebrew medicine:

Tobit 11:7-14: "Raphael said to Tobiah before he reached his father: 'I am certain that his eyes will be opened. Smear the fish gall on them. This medicine will make the cataracts shrink and peel off from his eyes; then your father will again be able to see the light of day.' Then Anna ran up to her son, threw her arms around him, and said to him, 'Now that I have seen you again, son, I am ready to die!' And she sobbed aloud. Tobit got up and stumbled out through the courtyard gate. Tobiah went up to him with the fish gall in his hand, and holding him firmly, blew into his eyes. 'Courage, father,' he said. Next he smeared the medicine on his eyes, and it made them smart. Then, beginning at the corners of Tobit's eyes, Tobiah used both hands to peel off the cataracts. When Tobit saw his son, he threw his arms around him and wept. He exclaimed, 'I can see you, son, the light of my eyes!' Then he said: 'Blessed be God, and praised be his great name, and blessed be all his holy angels. May his holy name be praised throughout all the ages' ".

Incidentally, acute poisoning is sometimes caused by ingestion of raw fish gall bladder, causing renal and multiple organ failure.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Rabbinic material, which contains much older Second Temple period traditions, is quite clear on the Jewish use of animal dung in medical remedies:

"Animal dung was recommended as a plaster to cure a foot problem (Song of Songs Rabbah 2:3). Meat roasted over cattle dung, followed by wine, was used to treat weakness of the heart (Eruvin 29b). Cow dung was also used in bandaging material (Abodah Zarah 28a). One of many remedies for abnormal vaginal bleeding contains dung from a white mule (Shabbat 110b). Trees with missing bark can be treated by applying dung there (Abodah Zarah 50b)" (Fred Rosner, Encyclopedia of Medicine in the Bible and the Talmud, p. 108).

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Those rabbinic materials are not "Jehovah's inspiried word" Leolaia! They don't count...

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I read that there is Poo Poo in Ice cream....

Http://www.dherbs.com/articles/ice-cream-52.html

Snoozy

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

never before have I seen a SUBJECT line as compelling as this!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Oy Vey! Thanks for those quotes Leo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit