Did you ever feel being a JW was like ...

by sacolton 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• White Dove
    White Dove

I generalized it to the entire population, but when it came to individuals, no. I was actually quite impressed with how nice and compassionate they were. I always thought that that person or this person should be a JW. They are so nice!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I wasn't born in, so I knew "worldly" people weren't inferior to jws. Actually, I was kind of jealous of their freedom and easy going style.

• DrJohnStMark
    DrJohnStMark

Finally-Free:...she'd gently pat me on the thigh and say, "Don't worry dear, he'll die at armageddon."

I remember hearing the same and always felt it was awful. One JW, who lived in the same block with me for about ten years, used to comment on our non-JW neigbours' deaths: "They all die." Not us, that is.

And the most hair-raising statement of all, which I heard a few times from so-called mature elders: "He died as disfellowshipped."

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I just Googled "cult identity " and found this description :

"The totalist environment draws a sharp line between those whose right to existence can be recognized, and those who possess no such right.

The group decides who has a right to exist and who does not.

The group has an elitist world view — a sharp line is drawn by cult between those who have been saved, chosen, etc. (the cult members) and those who are lost, in the dark, etc. (the rest of the world).

Former members are seen as "weak, " "lost," "evil," and "the enemy".

The cult insists that there is no legitimate alternative to membership in the cult. "

Does the cap fit????

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I remember many years ago being cut off by another vehicle, and i was feeling rather annoyed with the situation and thinking well he won't be getting through armageddon, a little further along the road we get to the que to enter the circuit convention parking and there 4 vehicles ahead just entering was the pr..k who cut us off LOL

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

watistruth

I felt worldly people were inferior to me but when i had to communicate with them i was extremly shy and a bit intimitaded. i guess because of the extreme segragation jw's have with people outside of their cult.

much the same with me

white dove

I generalized it to the entire population, but when it came to individuals, no. I was actually quite impressed with how nice and compassionate they were. I always thought that that person or this person should be a JW. They are so nice!

especially with people i worked with

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Originally, I thought the witlesses were the only ones that deserved anything other than death. After a while, I would see certain worldly people that in no uncertain terms were no more deserving of death than I was, and there were plenty of witlesses that I wish would have been disfellowshipped while I was in. Especially the ones that, no matter how much I did, wanted me to do even more.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I knew from an early age that something was wrong here.

Some of the best people were NOT JW's. I just knew they could not be killed at Armageddon, Why? just because they didn't go to meetings and field service. It was just one of those things I could not get past. What about the people that weren't allowed or never really got the chance to listen? What about the mentally challanged?.....and the Jah reads hearts, didn't sit well with me. Some of the best people were NOT JW's, Oh ..I already said that.

lisa

• dgp
    dgp

Question: So, when one of the worldlies showed you true affection and appreciation, and perhaps even love, how were you able to make that fit into your beliefs? Did that ever suggest that something was wrong with what you were told?

• DrJohnStMark
    DrJohnStMark

dgp:when one of the worldlies showed you true affection and appreciation, and perhaps even love, how were you able to make that fit into your beliefs?

There was someone waiting/deserving to be converted to JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit