2012: Doomsday

by cattails 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

The Microsoft Windows calendar goes until 2099...so we should be okay at least until then.

But yes, 2012: Doomsday is the bootleg version. The real 2012 movie hits theatres today...Friday the 13th.

• stillin
    stillin

why should the Mayans be so special? My Grandfather's cuckoo clock has to be rewound or it is the end of time.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I'm going today as well. I know it will be cheesy but who cares. It's alot of big boom for the buck and who wouldn't love to drive that limo you see in the commercials? W.Once

• zagor
    zagor

As always some people just like taking the piss in keeping gullible occupied with something, while real conspiracies and issues go barely noticed.

• xeracia
    xeracia

My calendar ends December 31, 2009....maybe the world ends then.

I keep telling people the Mayans had to end their calendar somewhere. December 21, 2012 is as good a date as any, lots of 12's! This Doomsday stuff is just a money making scheme. The riots that happen when this date comes should be fun to watch though.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Yeah I wanted to see it! Hmmm that bad eh...

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I have heard it drags in the beginning but once the action starts it doesn't stop. I do disaster response for a living so for me it is a must see. I will be sitting there going through all the 'what would I do if" type thoughts throughout.

Should be fun!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm going to see it, but not because I give a damn about any "end of the world" crap. I'm interested in the movie's special effects. I do some computer modeling, animation, and effects as a hobby and that's the reason I want to see it.

Ok, it's also fun to see shit blow up.

W

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Why did the Mayan calender end in 2012?

Because they got wiped off the face of the planet by the Spanish.

Old school armeggedon right there !!

• dgp
    dgp

PSacramento, the Mayan calendar doesn't end in 2012. Only one of their "time cycles". I am sure the Mayan still alive are not bothered at all by that date.

I understand that San Francisco and Los Angeles are destroyed in that movie. Could we have a flood somewhere in Brooklyn?

Stillin, I like your grandfather's cuckoo and the end of time. I know somebody who has a Seiko that needs no batteries and no winding up. I believe this is PROOF that there will be no end of times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit