just a thought on watchtower,Dec.1

by pat1060 22 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I don't think they'll drop the date completely. They'll just continue to morph the meaning over time to where the signifigance of it isn't near as critical as it was from the 50s to the mid-90s.

Since the generation change, they've already distanced themselves from the teaching of people living in 1914 living forever. That change has already shaken out most of those that realized the deception. Most of those still in and those coming in/born in, will never know about it...just as most of us didn't know about Russell's original teachings about 1874 and 1914 during all our years of being a JW.

• pat1060
    pat1060

Good answer undercover....I became a jw in 1964,and just a few week ago I found out some of the details of Russel's teaching.Unbieveble....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They will just say that you have just enough time to learn the "truth" and come into full compliance before the end comes, no matter what.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Can someone scan the article please.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

A search in the CD Rom reveals:

1914 in Watchtower (by decade)

50s: 900

60s: 895

70s: 600

80s: 831

90s: 493

00s: 197 (through 2008)

Great point sweeney -

Iam going to ask all JW I will meet:

"Why the message about 1914 is not louder and louder year by year? Why such gradual decrease? Is it gradual new light from Jehovah?"

Albert

• teel
    teel
    Is it gradual new light from Jehovah?

It's gradual dimming of the old light Ray Franz did mention that there was a phase in the late 70s when the GB was thinking to put less prominence to 1914, just around the time when the "1957 - Sputnik" new light was considered, to prepare the grounds for an eventual departure from that year - you can actually see the effects of it from the chart posted by sweeney. That didn't have long life though. It's highly possible we're seeing an other dimming phase; who knows as to what end?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

It's called Memory Washing.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I heard a while back that 1914 may just start to fade from the literature.

That notion is not supported by the litterature. 1914 is alive and well and is mentioned twice in the same month's Kool Aid edition.

Cheers

Chris

• pat1060
    pat1060

Yes it is still alive.It is still in articles,but it is slowly fading.It will be interesting to watch,may be many years....slowly not so importance.Good comments,all of you....

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Soon they'll deny 1914 was ever mentioned as a pivotal date.

And all the JW's will nod their heads in agreement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit