Worried about my Dad in hospital :(

by Simon 50 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Simon,sorry to hear about your dad,I hope he does well...OUTLAW

• ladonna
    ladonna

Dear ((((((Simon)))))))

I don't know how I missed this post, but please, forget about being the "black sheep". This has happened to me and I am the blackest of sheep, but the family seem to drop their hatred of the "anti-christ"/"devil's advocate" in times of crisis.

Contact your other family and hop on a flight.

I wish your Dad a recovery and hope he takes better care of himself in the future.

Take Care,
    Love,
    Ana

• Pureheart
    Pureheart

Hello Simon,
    sorry about your Dad. Hopefully he will pull through.

"Silly bugger doesn't slow down though and is always doing things round the house and helping people out."

He will be fine because "there is more happiness in giving."
    It seems to me that he is using his life in the most productive way; thinking of others and their well being.
    Living each day to the full, leaving nothing undone, nothing unsaid that needs to be known, and loving those around you, is maybe not all that a person can do, but is a "whole lot."

As far as your other relatives, look at them and feel sorry for them. You are free.

Pureheart

• waiting
    waiting

howdy Simon,

Sorry to hear about your dad - hope he's doing better? As for the flight.....it would be great for him to see his children. You might invite your sisters - if they don't take you up on it - it's obviously their loss.

If you go.....make sure to take plenty of pictures of your family! Grandparents love that stuff.

waiting

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((((Simon)))))

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I understand your frustration over his overdoing it, as my husband (who had a quintuple by-pass in Sept) just did the same at Christmas -- lifting his crippled father by himself from wheelchair to car, etc...

I tend to agree that you should extend the offer to your sisters to make a family pilgrimage to Dad all together. But if they should decline to accompany you, for whatever reason, LET IT GO, and go yourself and spend the time with the one who really needs you and upon whom you really need to expend all the love you hold inside.

Wishing your father a speedy recovery and you a heartwarming trip,

outnfree

P.S. Hugs to Angharad, who I'm sure is also upset.

outnfree

When the truth is found to be lies
    and all the joy within you dies ...
    -- Darby Slick, Somebody to Love

• david_10
    david_10

Hello,Simon. Sorry to hear about your Dad and I hope everything works out. If anything positive can come from this,maybe it will bring you a little closer to your family and get you off the black sheep list. Take care and let us know what happens.

David

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Simon,
    I am so sorry I missed this yesterday. Glad to hear you are going to take the "high road". We can't control what others do i.e. your sisters, but we can certainly conduct ourselves with love and compassion.
    I hope it works out well for your father. Certainly the more love that surrounds him the better for him.
    Be safe!!
    TW

• termite 35
    termite 35

Simon,; hi, what a nice bloke you must be... thinking of their feelings at such a stressful time... so ,so, sorry to hear about your dad, have been in similar situation, and i'd go with them; everything else kind of pales into insignificance at times like this, it'll be fine, and nice for your dad to see a 'complete' family with him too ,maybe?? all the best and love to your familyXXXXX

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Wishing you and your dad the best outcome, Simon.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Simon,

The computer bugz ate my post to you yesterday, so I just want to throw in my (((hugs))) and positive thoughts for you and your family. I know what a stressful situation it is, as I went through similar during 2000.

Ask your sisters along, and if they refuse, it's their problem, not yours. You are doing the right thing.

I hope you have a meaningful visit with your father. Please let us know how things turn up.

((((((Simon and Angharad)))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit