Worried about my Dad in hospital :(

by Simon 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

We visited Angharad's parents at the weekend and got a call on Sunday night from her sister who'd been called by my sister as they hadn't been able to contact us ...

The message was not a happy one:

My dad has had a heart attack and was in intensive care in hospital.

It was a while before I managed to speak to anyone over there with people probably out but I eventually spoke to his wife who says he's doing Ok and has now been moved to the main ward but is being kept in as you would expect. He may have to be moved to Calgary for some investigation / tests.

He had heart surgery about 15 years ago and I think 4 of his 5 bypasses have failed so he has to take quite a bit of medicine for pain and stuff. Silly bugger doesn't slow down though and is always doing things round the house and helping people out.

I'm pretty worried as you can imagine and am looking at flying over to visit him in the next week or so if I can (get a flight & get time off but I don't think this will be a problem).

I don't know yet whether to invite my sisters to come with me as I know where I'm going (they haven't been over to visit) and I know he'd really like it. Perhaps 10 hours on a plane with 'the anti-christ' would be too much for them? What do you think - I've been 'the shunned black sheep of the JW family' for the last couple of years?

I'll let you know what happens.

• TR
    TR

Simon,

Oh, man, I hope your dad gets better. Keep us posted.

TR

I'm gonna make mince meat outta that Osama!

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Simon: Very sorry about what has happened to your dad. I hope that you are able to get to see him as soon as possible, regardless of any JW issues. These are always stressful moments, and often brings out many unexpected feelings and reactions from everyone. Keep us posted. We are concrened for your dad and for you. I hope that your dad will get better soon, and hope for you that this will a time where all your family can be close, and set aside any JW barriers - and maybe reach new understanding. - Amazing

• 25ashitaka25
    25ashitaka25

That sucks, man. Take it easy and take care of your dad.

Best wishes,

ashi

• cellomould
    cellomould

Hi Simon,

I'm very sorry to hear about your father.

He won't be offended if you visit him?

Sounds like no. You can be there for him. Why not, invite others in the family too.

They may act 'offended' but they should appreciate that you thought of them.

Anyhow enough advice all I really wanted to say was take care of him and wish him well! Good luck!

Cellomould

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Simon,

Sorry about your dad.

Sickness and death are hard enough to cope with, but when coupled with jw relatives, makes for one nasty little mess. I hope your sister's will cooperate for the sake of your dad. If they don't, your course of conduct is by far the moral highground. Hope all goes smoothly, and he recover's quickly.

Danny

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Hey Simon,

I too hope everything goes well for your dad. My thoughts are with you. My dad recently had a quad bypass, and must get some more heart work done in January.

Hang in there, and don't let your family discourage you.

Doug

FreePeace
    "The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest
    Who Am I? -How to Reinvent Yourself After Leaving the WTS

• puppylove
    puppylove

Simon,

So sorry to hear about your dad. I think you should offer to take your sisters. I know from experience that times like these can help heal old wounds.

I will light a candle for your dad.

Donna

• moman
    moman

Your father iz blessed to have a loving son! Wish you & your father the best & thanx for everything!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Simon, i'm so sorry to hear about you Dad. Please keep us informed.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit