Did anyone else ever play their record albums backwards?

by EmptyInside 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I still have my Moody Blues.

I have never been talked into tossing any of my music.

My mother ripped the front off my King Crimson album, but that is as bad as it got.

I still have it and I am keeping an eye out for a good cover for it. I have a digital copy of it in my jukebox.

I have never been excited by weirdo stories of playing stuff backwards. I guess that because I was born into the crazies I didn't need any more crazy than I already had.

Cheers

Chris

• Satanus
    Satanus

I took the instrumental part of carry on by srosby stills nash and young. Then i made a coupy of it reversed. The, i put them together, so it plays first one way, then the other. It's pretty cool.

S

• zagor
    zagor

yup, voices from hell say in one accord, f*ck this, its too hot in here, can we have some Heineken...

• teel
    teel

There's a band in my country that had a hit single, then after a couple of years they released an other song, the chorus of which was the chorus of their previous hit song in reverse. And it became a hit one more time! Funny, that the band never hid the fact, yet I've seen several threads on forums shouting they "discovered" the secret!

On topic no, I never played them backwards, simply because I missed the LP era. As a JW I don't think I heard anyone talking about hidden satanic messages, only about the dangers of clear messages when listening to songs in other language (huh? what influence on earth could have on me a song that sounds like a lullaby, but in gudjarati it sings "worship Satan"?) - I did hear the "backward message" rumors from other sources though, mostly hard rockers, who were proud of it

Correction, while playing a bit with digital audio editors, I did reverse some songs too, but not to look for any hidden message.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

In this question, I wholeheartedly support an elderly member of the branch committee in my country, who after a convention talk on the subject of backwards messages had been delivered, uttered the famous words "But - are there anybody out there who actually play their records BACKWARDS? How do they DO that?"

My words too.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

the other day my 11 year old son was chanting 'its fun to smoke marijuana' I went 'what' ? why are you saying that you little crap bag? - he went on YouTube and showed me another one bites the dust backwards.. - dont know if its been sound edited though.. . but its fun lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj2dJsVpgCY

• sir82
    sir82
    Queen "Decide to smoke marijuana"

I remember a circuit assembly right around the time "Another Ones Bites the Dust" came out. During one of his talks, the CO actually played a recording of the album, played backward. This is what it sounded like:

"Dsqirtey srrgg mrggguopazsd"

But he said that they were really singing "Decide to smoke marijuana", and by God, everybody in the audience just sat there nodding and agreeing how horrible modern music was.

Those were the days!

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I know., I just listened. its way too ambiguous. - its a fun idea though heheheh.

funny thing is, everyone loves queen now

• undercover
    undercover
    I remember a circuit assembly right around the time "Another Ones Bites the Dust" came out. During one of his talks, the CO actually played a recording of the album, played backward...

Maybe we were at the same CA...I remember that happening as well.

How much sense does that make?

"Hey kids! Rock music is Satan's tool. Don't listen to it. You'll become demonized. How do I know? Well, I just happen to have one here...lets take a listen, shall we?"

Okay...if it was true(I know, but play along with me here), then you just introduced Satan to a mass audience, many of whom would have never owned that record to begin with. What a bunch of dopes we were.

And yes, I actually played some backwards. Zeppelin, Beatles, Queen and a couple of others I've forgotten now. The only thing I ever could make out was playing "Revolution No. 9" backwards, I could make out "turn me on dead man".

• Farkel
    Farkel

I played one song backwards and heard "I'm going to get you, my little pretty, and your dog Toto, too!"

The song was "From House to House."

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit