Oh dear, I had a go at my Mum last night . . .

by nicolaou 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• White Dove
    White Dove

Nic was challenging his mom's hypocritic statement, not the fact that his dad is wrecking his health. The point he was making is that she was willing, by her blood card, to sacrifice her life as much as his dad was. She was trying to look good by putting him down for doing the same thing she was doing.

• shiatsu58
    shiatsu58

TheOldHippie, I think that comment was a bit harsh, The New England Journal 9 October 1997, said If people stopped smoking,there would be a savings in health care costs,but only in the short term.Eventually, smoking cessation would lead to increased health care costs. In most countries where taxation of cigerettes is high, there is a benefit to that countries revenue. I agree smoking is bad, and dont smoke myself, but to make a statement that they dont deserve healthcare,impacts on say other issues, if a driver speeding in his vehicle, has an accident then should he/she be left to die because it was self inflicted, or maybe a heroine addict should be left to his own devices because it was self inflicted, maybe children who injure themselves knowing that what they did was wrong should not receive treatment, or perhaps Aids sufferers should not get treatment either. People should have access to any medical treatment regardless of their situation.

• zagor
    zagor

'no one who really loved their family would put their health at risk like that'.

How about witnesses who put their lives at risk by going to war zones delivering food and literature, or rotting away in prisons because of wtbs stupid ideas or how about those who put their health and life at risk by refusing medical treatments involving blood? I'll never forget this lady who bled to death leaving 3 little children under 5, btw only few months later wtbs made it matter of conscience to use blood recycling machine. How are those cases any different when it comes to putting their lives at risk? Shouldn't the impact such life-risking decision make people pose and put their families first before diving right in like headless chooks?!

You did well mate, good on you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit