Evolutionists - please help!

by Georgiegirl 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Snotrag
    Snotrag

This link shows by diagram the history of the world including evolution. It is simple to follow and very profoud in display.

http://www.hyperhistory.com/online_n2/History_n2/a.html. The progression of events in time helps very much in understanding evolution. Take the time to try to understand the spans of time involved.

Edit: click history on the left buttons and then cosmology on the right panel to begin the chart.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Thank you very much everyone. I've got quite a lot to get through and will probably have questions. I am hoping to get through most of this while on winter break from school. I really, really, really appreciate the calm and factual answers - and that no one tried to make me feel dumb!!! :)

And my sincere apologies for using the word "evolutionist" if it offended anyone. I had no idea that could be considered insulting - I thought it was the correct way to describe those who believe in evolution (as opposed to those who do not). Thanks, inkling, for giving me the benefit of the doubt.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    And my sincere apologies for using the word "evolutionist" if it offended anyone. I had no idea that could be considered insulting - I thought it was the correct way to describe those who believe in evolution (as opposed to those who do not).

It didn't offend me but I do prefer the term 'sensible'.

• hooberus
    hooberus

Here is a relatively easy to understand book that demonstrates, from prominent evolutionary literature, a type of "evolution" (devolution).

Genetic entropy and the Mystery of the Human Genome

"Dr. Sanford’s popular book explores the limitations of evolution’s primary axiom. This axiom is the evolutionary change (i.e., common descent) is accomplished by a combination of natural selection and random mutations. Using modern genetics research, the former Cornell University scientist provides several challenges to this axiom. Organisms, including humans, are declining in health, not evolving to more advanced stages of evolution. This newest edition contains the addition of a glossary, index, and author’s notes."

available from www.creationresearch.org

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Hooberus, do I detect a premise hidden within your post? Is it something like, "humans were created perfect and are now declining from that initial state of perfection"?

Please keep in mind that up to 99% of all species that have ever existed are now extinct. Why should it be assumed that genetic changes always improve the fitness for survival of any species in particular? Why should it be assumed that environmental and ecological conditions will always be favorable to all species at all times? Why should anyone just assume that there is an anthropomorphic deity personally directing creation according to the tenents of a very narrow modern belief system (fundamentalist Christianity)?

Finally, did the poster ask for another pointless Evolution vs Creation debate?

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Anyone who gets their information on evolution from creationresearch.org ought to at least have the balls to get their information on religion from secular sources, but no, they wouldn't dare risk that, it might shatter their precious little delusions.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Primate

Finally, did the poster ask for another pointless Evolution vs Creation debate?

Good point.

http://www.scienceagainstevolution.org/index.htm

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

There is no debate. Only non-scientists with christian agendas doubt evolution.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

So, the president of "Science Against Evolution.org" is a Seventh Day Adventist who designed weapons for the US Navy and writes software for computers.

Here is a fine quote from their "Young Earth Astronomy" article:

"When we talk about the formation of the Sun, we aren’t really in the realm of science any more. We are speculating whether or not it is possible for hydrogen gas to condense that rapidly. That’s philosophy—not science."

I encourage everyone to read that whole website. Fundamentalist Creationists are their own worst enemies, and they don't even realise it!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Parrot

You mean like the ones that introduced Darwinius masillae as the missing link.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit