The ONE 'sin' I NEVER heard of in all my time as a JW . . . . .

by nicolaou 34 Replies latest watchtower medical

• blondie
    blondie

Glutton does not equal overweight.

gluttony definition

glut·tony ( glut'n e )

noun pl. gluttonies -·ton·ies

the habit or act of eating too much

• xeracia
    xeracia

Trust me if you ever saw these men eat...they ate entirely too much. They would clean out the local pizza parlour's buffet. There are two elders in particular I am talking about. They would order two of the McD's large breakfast meals for breakfast before field service. And eat those entirely with a few added side items. It was rather disgusting to watch

• blondie
    blondie

I have seen people eat too much and maintain an average figure.

• finding my way
    finding my way

I knew of a young woman who had 3 abortions. Somehow her friend (my ex's sister) that told on her was stumbled by the brothers reaction. Somehow blaming her for either not telling soon enough or something. The girl was never DF'd, but reproved and her friend faded.

Sadly she has since passed away from Cancer.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I knew a bunch of glutton elders. There were also quite a number of alcoholic elders. I personally knew a few, and "knew of" many others who loved to hit the bottle.

The Oracle

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I was told during my study, that even some forms of contraception like 'the pill' and 'the morning after pill' are concidered to be just like having an abortion- could you seriously be DF'd for being on the pill???

• CHILD
    CHILD

I know a JW who was disfellowshipped because she encouraged her teenaged daughter to have an abortion.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Lillith, someone I know was raped & the elders & her father made her refuse the morning-after-pill for exactly that reason.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Yes, the morning after pill is considered an abortion in itself, because it prevents the egg from implanting (if there was an egg about to implant of course). It causes the lining of the womb to shed, much like a period. I've known a couple of sisters who took this pill and were reproved. Also, I know an active sister who has an IUD in. Now, that sits up in there, preventing the sperm from reaching the egg. If an egg happens to implant, the IUD can in some cases scrape away at the uterine wall, which could lead to miscarriage. She is very open about her IUD and I've no idea why she hasn't been counselled about it. I think there are a couple of different IUD's, different shapes. This year she became pregnant (she's married) with the IUD in, and had it successfully removed and is now due to have the baby.

I don't know any witness who has willingly had an abortion. But I do remember in recent years said from the platform, that if it means the mothers or the baby's life, that the woman may choose whether to abort or not. I remember this vividly because on the way home from the meeting I spoke about it with my then husband. I'll never forget it, because he told me he'd choose the baby over me He went on to say that if I was on my death bed, and due to have the baby, and told that I would die if I kept the baby, he'd choose to keep the baby! I'll never, ever forget that. It made me scared that he cared for me so little

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

wantstoleave....I can see why he is your THEN husband...(sad)

The WTS once printed this :

wt 69 p768

If at childbirth a choice must be made between the life of the mother and that of the child, it is up to the individuals concerned to make that choice. Some in this situation have decided to save the life of the mother because of her importance to her husband and her other children, if any. However, advances in medical procedures in many nations have made this situation very rare.

Aw 74 1/22 p16 (Hormones as Medicine)

However, now it has been released by the U.S. Drug Administration as an emergency “morning after” pill, as in treating rape victims. If pregnancy has occurred, it will prevent implantation of the fertilized ovum when taken within seventy-two hours after intercourse. However, The National Observer focused on an important ethical aspect of the matter, stating: “DES does not prevent pregnancy. Its popular designation as a contraceptive is misleading. DES causes abortion. . . . Just how effective it is constitutes part of the current debate over the validity of its use.” And another factor is that daughters born to women taking this synthetic hormone, upon their reaching adulthood, have been reported as having a higher than average risk of genital cancer. For this reason warnings have been issued as to its use.

Aw 93 3/8 p9 (How to Cope with Rape)

Medical personnel will collect evidence and will test for sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy. If they offer pregnancy prevention drugs, otherwise known as a morning-after pill, Christians should be aware that such drugs can cause the body to abort a fertilized egg.

There was not a lot about the Morning After Pill, but a definite description of it being abortion, which is a Judicial matter ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit