Earlier today as I was finishing off something I made in my slow cooker I was thinking I should offer this recipe up - and here you are
This recope was supposed to use pork chops but while the price of chicken has been so high the price of pork dropped so I bought some pork tenderloins. It was fabulous. Almost a pork version of Beef Stroganoff
Mushroom Sauce Pork Chops
- 4 pork loin chops cut 3/4 in thick
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 small onion sliced thin
- 2 tbsp quick cooking tapioca ground to a powder (I never would have thought of this)
- 1 10 3/4 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (I increased this to 2 cans)
- 1/2 c apple juice (I doubled this to match the increase in soup)
- 1 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms (I used 10 whole mushrooms, sliced)
- 2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce (I didn't have any so I omitted it)
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder. (I used dried diced garlic)
- Trim the fat from the chops (I sliced my tenderloin into medalions). In a skillet brown the chops on both sides, in hot oil. Drain off the fat.
- Place onions, meat in slow cooker.
- In a bowl combine the ground tapioca, soup, juice, mushrooms, Worchestershire sauce, thyme and the garlic powder. Pour over the chops.
- Cook covered on low-heat setting for 8-9 hours or on high heat setting for 4-4 1/2 hours.
Serve over rice or mashed potatoes. I cooked some egg noodles and served that instead. Personally I think I would prefer the potatoes to the rice but loved the noodles so serve it ith whatever suits you.