I'm 'Apostate' now....

by Butterflyleia85 29 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

jookbeard, I would venture a guess that you have become a much better person since turning apostate :)

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

I want in on this new craze...what does one have to do, to become this mentioned apostate?

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Thanks AlltimeJeff, TheOracle, leavewt, Newborn, Estee, jookbeard... you all have given good insight on to Jehovah Witnesses belief as have many others... Heartbreaker it's when you "see the truth about the "Truth" "... Jehovah Witnesses will shun you and call you an apostate... When they reconize you speaking against the Jehovah's Witnesses and no longer believe, You are an apostate in their eyes!!... When you preach your beliefs that is contrary to Jehovah's Witnesses you are an apostate!

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

See the truth about the truth....thats it? I was hoping for a secret handshake, or at the very least a chant. Dangit.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Issac ,1 million % a better person, Apostasy was the best thing that ever happened to me

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

lol funny heartbreaker.

And Issac... sorry didnt mention you... I enjoy you deep research and you way of questioning... lol like the JW they question every detail we need someone to keep up with them in that skill and you do... you make solid points and bring up good questions and insiteful information.

Yeah I never thought I'm say it too jookbeard I too feel 10 times better... facing my fears straight on and realizing, ha, (laughing in my mind) it's not bad... I was being decieved to keep me in. I shattered the mind control with the help of people on this board!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

why thanks butterflyleia, :)

It has been nice getting to know you here.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

I'm reading CoC and I learned a new word (heretic) when looking up John Wycliffe, William Tyndale, and Michael Servetus...

Condemned by Catholics and Protestants alike, he was arrested in Geneva and burnt at the stake as a heretic by order of the Protestant Geneva governing council. (wikipedia.org)

heretic - a professed believer who maintains religious opinions contrary to those accepted by his or her church or rejects doctrines prescribed by that church. (dictionary.com)

Synonyms:
    apostate, backslider, recreant, protestant. 3. dissenter, skeptic, freethinker.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Butterfly, enjoy CofC. He writes son gently yet you will probably observe how he documents everything he asserts. I think you will find it eye-opening. Any questions or things you want to talk about feel free to pm or email.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome to The Club!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit