I spoke to Ray Franz for the first time today

by recovering 21 Replies latest jw friends

• recovering
    recovering

I have been feeling very blue and hopeless lately. I miss my family and needed some affirmation that I am right in my characterization of the JWs. I called Ray to hear it from the someone in the know, as to what really goes on in the GB meetings and if they really believe what they say. He confirmed that this is not always the case. He pointed to the 2/3 majority vote needed to make any changes to doctrine. He revealed that even if a majority of the GB felt a change was needed, due to the 2/3 quorum rule the change could never be made. He spoke of how he sometimes was did not even want to attend these meetings due this fact. He went on to say that he continued to go so that he could possibly present a more moderate view of things. (He used the alternative service with regards to military service as an example)

I thanked him and wished him and his ailing wife well. He was so gracious and humble. He may not realize this but today he saved a man's life. MINE

• snowbird
    snowbird

Sylvia

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes He is the most HUMBLE man I have ever met!!!

So pleased to know he helped you....

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

I would like to escape for a weekend and meet him and his wife in person.

• recovering
    recovering

Yes someday I would like to meet him. I was not sure i could go on with life any more today due to missing family still in the organazation and remembering the terrible things that happenened to me while I was a witness.(child abuse) Ray was a kind voice , It was just enough to keep me from going over the edge.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Dear recovering, thanks for sharing that. He's truly an amazing and loving person and I'm glad he could help you.

All the best to you

Your friend

Newborn

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

recovering,

You sound a lot like a friend of mine (specially your negative experience). Do you live in the northeast by any chance?

• recovering
    recovering

i do live in the north east

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

Hmmmm,

I have a friend who is far away from his JW family, was also abused as a child, he is “fading” (good for him) and lives in the north east.

Im never going to forget that morning when I got a phone call that he tried to do you know what . He is doing OK emotionally, still struggling with the feelings, but he keeping himself busy, going to the gym, seeing other people, doing a little traveling, etc.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes I would love to meet Ray Franz and Leopold Engleitner too. Both great old men, one inside and the other out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit