My cat just looves boiled ham:)

by Newborn 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
    ninja

my cats don't really eat anything unfortunately.....it's difficult I suppose trying to eat through a plastic bag at the bottom of the river

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

My cat's only eat two things: Cat food and plastic bags. If I put down a plate of "people food" the cats will walk away from it.

Don't ask me why they eat plastic bags... they just do. They will sit there in the middle of the night making a bag crunching noise until I take it away from them.

(Don't worry, I always try to keep the house plastic-bag-free... sometimes one will slip by me and the cat will start munching on it.)

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yes, cats do LOVE tuna. Be sure to give them the kind that is packed in water, not oil. Being carnivores, cats do not normally consume much vegetable oil and its best if they aren't fed much of it. My neighbor had a Maine Coon cat that was very adventurous in his willingness to try different foods - He once ate chinese hot sour soup because we were having some! He also enjoyed barbecued pork spareribs and barely cooked halibut, along with shrimp.

If you find your cat won't eat shrimp, it is probably because they aren't fresh enough. We saw him reject some batches which we found perfectly OK and eager for other batches. He had a very discriminating palate, I guess.

I found some specialty cat food that was made with rabbit, and though, "Why not? it's a rodent." He agreed.

Another neighbor who was a vegetarian had a cat that had only been fed kibble his entire life. I baby sat for him once and introduced him to Kentucky Fried Chicken. He reacted as if it were the new opium. "What is THIS delicious substance?" he seemed to ask. He was slightly more friendly to me after that.

Of course, any of these things should be occasional treats and not his primary diet.

One last thing I will mention is that it is critical that your cat consume enough water to keep his urinary tract clear of crystals, and especially if he is male. Mixing a can of warm water with his wet (canned) cat food produced a "soup" that he did not object to, and it fooled him into staying well-hydrated.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I found some specialty cat food that was made with rabbit, and though, "Why not? it's a rodent." He agreed.

To Answers. com: Are Rabbits And Hares Classified As Rodents?

AnswerRabbits are not rodents. They are actually in a Order called "Lagamorpha", which includes rabbits, hares, and a small South American animal called the pika. All rodents belong to an order called "Rodentia". One of the things that differentiates them is that Lagamorphs (animals in the Lagamorpha Order) from Rodents is the fact that they have an extra pair of small front teeth that sit behind the regular front teeth. Male rodents also have a penile bone, while Lagamorphs do no. Lagamorphs redigest special feces called "cecotropes" which allows them to get the most out of their plant-only diet (which is another difference, Lagamorphs do not naturally eat meat, many rodents do). There are other small skelatal features that distinguish the two groups, as well.

Love you Nathan, but I love knowledge best.

Sylvia

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Ah, but will knowledge keep you warm on a cold winter's night? Neither will I.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Ah, but will knowledge keep you warm on a cold winter's night? Neither will I.

Neither will that nagging feeling of unfinished business.

Sylvia

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Nathan: "Yes, cats do LOVE tuna. Be sure to give them the kind that is packed in water, not oil."

Nathan, did you know you can get about 2 hours worth of candlelight out of a can of tuna packed in oil?

Create some ambience. Then feed the cat.

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-make-an-emergency-oil-lamp-from-a-can-of-tuna-159974/

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Silvia -Touché, I think.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Cameo - a new thread is called for: "creating the perfect feline dining ambience."

My book on feng shui says the perfect place for the kitty is ON the plate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit