Did u have a well trained conscience?

by Newborn 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

I think I did and that was one of the things that eventually made me leave the org. I just couldn't take living with a bad conscience constantly. When I left this was one of the things that disappeard first and it was as tons were lifted from my shoulders and it's a wonderful feeling!!

Things that gave me bad conscience

1. Wasn't pioneering
    2. Answered to little at the meetings
    3. Not regular enough at meetings
    4. Forgot to pray before b'fast and lunch
    5. Not enough personal studies
    6. Worked way to much with wordly people
    7. Bad thoughts
    8. Did not go in service or meetings while on holiday
    9. etc

No wonder I was un-happy...

You?

• wobble
    wobble

I had a well trained conscience from the point of view of the Bible.

This allowed me to ignore nearly all the silly JW/WT laws and attitudes.

My conscience also led me to walk away from what I now know is a murderous nasty Cult.

Love

Wobble

• Newborn
    Newborn

Good for you Wobble

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I don't think I had a conscience as such.

My father was a great one for using the threat of his all seeing killer god as an incentive for belief and behaviour.

When discussing religion all of my family become compulsive liars and never, ever, apologise when they get caught out. That doesn't say much for having a 'Bible trained conscience'.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Newborn, I had all those fears too. I'd beat myself up (not literally...lol) over forgetting a prayer. I thought I had a good conscience, and in a sense I guess I did - because the fact I was feeling guilty showed it was working. But, didn't stop me trying a cigarette at 13. I just got major guilts afterwards and confessed to my parents, who then promptly got the elders around to tell me off. And when I kissed a few boys, which was a BIG no no unless you were engaged, I confessed that to my parents too. I remember my dad marching over to the witness boy (my 2nd kiss) and telling him 'no more shenanigans with my daughter'. The poor boy was mortified! I learnt after that not to tell them when I snogged someone...lol.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Wantstoleave

that's just crazy what you'd to go thru. Poor JW children.

• oompa
    oompa

not after third grade!......had WAY too much fun in school...the only regret i have as to having a damm jw conccience was I could just never do the full nasty!!!!........damm i wish had those time back............oompa

• Newborn
    Newborn

mm oompa...so do I

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I used to feel guilty just for having a dick. But now i feel silly for waiting so long to use it.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Yes, but the dubs didn't "train" it. When my son was born, my conscience awoke from its long slumber and said, "You will NOT raise this child to endure the same childhood you had."

What's amazing is that I still had a conscience after the dubs' treatment of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit