ALL ABOUT ME ENTER IF YOU DARE

by mommy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• mommy
    mommy

I was about 10 when he was disfellowshiped and dont know for sure but my mother said it was "our" (us kids) fault. He had a very bad temper and hit us often as well as her. I think it had to do with one of us kids telling a friend. Later in life I asked my mom and she said the brothers asked him to step down as an elder and he had a fit and cursed them. He did eventually get reinstated after about a year.But about 5 yrs ago he left my mom and the truth again for good. I have only spoken to him a couple times though and he says he is happier and feels more free than he ever has in his life being out of this organized religion. I think he is and I hope he stays that way he was never meant to be a jw he just followed my mom.
    talk to you later:)

• thinker
    thinker

Welcome Mommy,
    Glad to meet you. You truly will enjoy it here. Lot's of really nice intelligent people.
    Thinkers Wife

• Simon
    Simon

mommy, I think the 'truth' puts a lot of pressure on people and especially marriages. I hope you manage to rebuild a relationship with your father. I'm in the process of doing that with mine and it is really great getting to know him better now that I can better understand what he did and why (and without anyone trying to influence how I think and feel).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit