Are you an 'Ex Witness' or just you?

by creativhoney 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am "multi-faceted." I have many things for which I am proud. I am proud to be an ex-JW also. I worked hard to get there which involved major honesty, humilty, scrutinizing and evaluation skills and is another part of my life than verifies I am a survivor!

See: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=info&ref=profile&id=1210125345

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

Mickey Mouse - I know what you mean - its not a healing springboard - I imagine if you make acquaintance here its not just to use people to make you better. - reading these forums really helped me - I like to give a little back and insert a little humour too.

Zagor thanks - thats what I am trying to say - my other friend doesnt know anyone else, and the ex witnesses she knows are very negative people. just spend their lives having a downer on the org and there is little other topic of conversation, - as you say, self eroding. x

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Now, I am 'just me'. There was a time I was an 'ex Witness'. I think for the first five years I was still de-programming and had a lot of anger to get rid of. Since I have 'moved on' and it is about nine years down the road, I have shed much of the mental rubbish from the religion I can say I am a lot like my old self before the religion except I am a lot older and wiser. However, if I am talking to somebody who is an ex-Witness and needs a shoulder to cry on then I am there for them and will be the 'ex-Witness'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit