PO says: "Don't say you are a JW, tell them you are with an educational foundation if they ask"

by MinisterAmos 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Minister Amos: "This Wednesday we read another letter from Brooklyn that said basically "Stay home if you feel like it""

What???? Is this because of the flu pandemic??

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah`s Witness`s will soon be required,to go from Door to Door..

With a Paper Bag on thier Head..

The Unknown..

Jehovah`s Witness..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Minister Amos: "This Wednesday we read another letter from Brooklyn that said basically "Stay home if you feel like it""

What???? Is this because of the flu pandemic??

Not much of an epidemic in the USA anyway. I imagine they might have that in mind, but up until November 4, 2009 the mantra was "You better be dead if you miss a meeting".

Now it's "coughing a bit?" Stay home and say five Hail Franzes

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I don't remember the letter being read about never missing a meeting, but I do recall at one DC or CA how they trotted out this old Jamaican dub he instructed everyone "not to miss a meeting unless you were on de deathbed!"

So the effect is the same

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I'm so conflicted here....I was told education was evil.

LOL, Spectre!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

They could change their name then they wouldn't be liars, start all over again LOL

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This is so odd to me. Introduce yourself as a lie and teach the "truth"

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

My opening line at the door was Good Morning I'm a Jehovah's Witness To which they would usually respond " not interested" Unfortunately I would occasionally get a householder that was not put-off, so then I had to think of something to say...bummer

• carla
    carla

I have had this conversation with my jw over the years numerous times with varying answers from him. The first time I asked why they refuse to identify themselves as jw's (when they are supposed to be so proud to be one) his answer was that they don't do that, they alway identify themselves. He was a newbie so I guess he gets a pass on that one. Next time I asked why a jw at our door refused to answer after 3 (count em' 3 times I had to ask and was only answered when I asked quite forcefully) he said that if they say they are jw's right off the bat then people will close the doors on them. So I asked you mean your reputation preceeds you? hmm, he wasn't quite sure how to answer that one so of course he changed the subject. Again, some jw's came to the door and refused to answer what org they were associated with yet they had the wt in their hands, my jw again said people just slam the door or say not interested if they tell people they are jw's. So that begs the question yet again, 'you mean you withhold pertinent information from the householder to begin with?' is that a mark of a cult? " hmpfh! you just don't want the truth!"

Actually yes, I do want the truth! I want to what damn nutcase cult is on my property yet again!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Blondie said:

The idea is that people shut down at the door as soon as the hear "jehovah's witness."

So true. It makes me think of the Amway presentation that only gets heard because they hide their identity until they must say who they are.

It seems to me the ony way the "message" is heard this way is because of the power of personality; people come to like the messenger, and think that the message can't be that bad if a nice person carries it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit