JWs just came to my door and didn't even knock

by hemp lover 17 Replies latest jw friends

• doublelife
    doublelife

I wish I'd have thought of that too. But I wouldn't have been able to do it. Everyone I went out in service with was a better witness than me. Even when I was pioneering, I'd always hope nobody would answer when it was my turn. I used to get so nervous in the ministry that I would have to pee every 15 minutes. A lot of people were annoyed with me.

• KidKool
    KidKool

That's funny, I wish I had thought of that back then. I just used to knock very very lightly.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ok, this thread just proves how incredibly evil the whole process is! It's unnatural!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I don't understand what's with those young men, not knocking on your door. For shame! Shouldn't they feel the urgency of the times, given that Armageddon is only--

What's that?

What?

Oh. There isn't a date.

Oh really? That's what they say now?

*snicker*

Aherm...well I withdraw my comment.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"I just used to knock very very lightly."

That's what you do when there's no doorbell and you're with working with Sister Pioneer. ;-)

I've been second guessing myself about this all day. I wish now that I had opened the door and just invited them to shoot the shit for a while, so they didn't have to knock on anyone else's door. If I had done it in a roundabout way, so they didn't know I was df'ed, I might have been able to "plant some seeds".

• life is to short
    life is to short

I was at one of my cleaning jobs about a year ago and saw the JW's coming I kept waiting for the door bell to ring. There were two sisters about 40 something working together and a young sister in her late teens or early 20's working by herself house over house. The home I clean for has this very loud door bell you can hear it through out the whole house and in the back yard. The door bell never rang. When I went to leave I saw the track in the door. I stuck it in my cleaning stuff and threw it away. So much for this meaning everyones life. I guess the people I clean for Jehovah does not want to live forever

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wish I could have gotten away with the fake ring or the door tapping. Instead, the person who trained me insisted that a knock was supposed to be a very hard bang on the beam, not a tap on the door. And, when we hit the doorbell, they would always insist on knocking at least once in case the doorbell was busted (again, a very hard bang, or series of very hard bangs, on the beam) just so there was no possible way for the householders to not hear it.

• life is to short
    life is to short

It all sounds so crazy. Why were we doing this anyway?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit