JWs just came to my door and didn't even knock

by hemp lover 17 Replies latest jw friends

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

I was working in the back room of my house, transcribing an interview with Lara Logan (she's fascinating), when my dogs started barking at the front door. I ignored it for 30 seconds, because that's just what they do. Figured it was a cat or the mailman. But they kept on and kept on, so I finally walked to the front to see what was up and there were two teenaged Jehovah's Witness boys standing with their back to the door, just having a chat on my front porch. I was right behind them at the door and they never turned around, nor did they ever ring the bell or knock. It took them a good five minutes to turtle their way from my house to my neighbors.

I don't know why this made me so happy, maybe because it's exactly what I used to do when I was a JW and it's kind of nice to see how much they still hate preaching.

• LightCloud
    LightCloud

I wish I had thought of that when I was going door-to-door. I hated it. I always got this anxious feeling. I was painfully shy and it always felt like what I was doing was kind of rude and imposing but it was what the Elders told me God wanted me to do so I did it.

It got to the point though after years where I would show up to go out to field service, make sure the elders saw me and at least got the impression I was going out and then I would pull a Ninja and just disappear.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

HL,

That's the "invisible presence" knock.

• brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

The trick was to push on the house next to the doorbell to give the illusion you rang it. If there was one thing I did learn as a JW that is beneficial, it is how to be sneaky.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"The trick was to push on the house next to the doorbell to give the illusion you rang it."

That was one of my favorite moves, too. I taught it to my little brother and he told on me. When I realized he was zealous, I made sure to always get paired with him, so he would take all the doors. Of course, that changed once he got past the age of ten. ;-)

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"I always got this anxious feeling."

Yeah, I think we all did. It was such a gut clenching moment when you'd hear someone coming to the door and know that you were actually going to have to speak. That's why I didn't answer the door today. I almost opened it as they stood there talking, but then I took pity on them. Once you think no one's home, it's such a relief - why spoil it?

• brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

LOL HempLover

I know your brother told cuz he was afraid of being considered "blood guilty" for not saving you when you got off track of Jehovahs way .

When I was younger I used to tell on everyone cuz an elder told me that I would be held "blood guilty" in the eyes of God for not trying to save them. What a crock of SHIT,....that is probably why I did not have any friends LOL

Live and learn.

BTW hemp is a very resourceful plant

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Dang... I wish I had thought of that!

Aw, crap, who am I kidding... I thought I was doing something important

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Perhaps these two youngsters are on their way out...? *cheers* Their heart obviously is not in it.

It is apparent to me that they are being made to preach. They are being told what to do. Big surprise, huh?

ESTEE

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Hell I did that as a grown adult. I would always knock lightly, and leave quickly. Unless I was sure they weren't home, then I'd linger a bit ;)

Worst houses to take? Where they were outside working on the car or the lawn. I'd need to 'look for something in my bag' at the end of the drive so the other pair of witnesses would cross over me and take them. I hated trying to otherwise engage a busy person. It's all so wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit