What are you having for dinner tonite?

by Newborn 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I'm so sick of cooking, I think it will be chili fast and easy.....

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    FF, those brussels, are you making them yourself? What exactly do you do to them?

Here's the recipe I use. A friend introduced them to me and I'm addicted.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1950,145169-227204,00.html

W

• snowbird
    snowbird

Mrs. Jones, my wee JW college daughter is ailing. Those turnips should cure that, if not, time for the doctor.

FinallyFree, I'm adding brussel sprouts to my grocery list!

Those tiny little cabbage look-a-likes should make those jaded g'kids sit up and take notice.

Sylvia

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Wow time flies when your not working. I seriously thought it was a Thursday. Lol I better clean house before my love comes home tonight. I will be fixing probably chili again, he always likes that! Or maybe my itilian chicken, mash potatoes, and green beans... hehe that's my favorite.

• Newborn
    Newborn

I never had turnip...must try it someday as well as though Brussels!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I'll give you all my secret "Busy Mommy" recipe that I made this morning and put in the crock pot. It will smell sooooo good when I get home!!!

2 lbs stewing beef

1 cup flour

1 package instant onion soup mix

1 tsp dried thyme

salt and pepper

1 bottle of beer

Shake it all together in a bag or plastic container with a lid. Throw it all into the crock pot and pour the beer over top. Turn it on low.

When you get home, make potatoes or rice or egg noodles and a salad.

Yummy!

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Thanks for sharing! Always appersiate new recipes I can add to my cook book!

• snowbird
    snowbird

For Newborn, turnips.

PS: I'll bet John Doe likes them.

Sylvia

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Fresh caught, broiled Striped Bass

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm making Souvlaki in a Pita - yummy saute éd marinated pork, fresh tomatoes and cucumber, onions, feta cheese and smothered with Tzatziki sauce rolled into a Pita

A trick my mother used to get us to eat turnips was to cook and mash them with carrots adding lots of butter and a bit of milk to make them creamy. I still love especially with a lot of black pepper on them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit