A Benign Question for [Some] Posters...

by AGuest 25 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace!

Can someone (perhaps the "fellas") tell me why... although the "female" symbol is present and prominent next to my "avatar"... I am often referred to as "he" or "him"? I am a girl, truly. Really, I am. In every way (okay, except in spirit - no gender/sex there). I ask because it seems like an awful lot of, well, guys, automatically assume me to be male.

Is it because of the Paulian teachings regarding women (i.e., we're supposedly not "permitted" to speak, let alone teach, etc.)? Is it because the WTBTS teachings on this matter? Is it your position... and perhaps as a result, your automatic assumption... that only men receive holy spirit?

Just curious (I find it interesting... and perhaps a little presumptuous)... but I'm just asking. No offensed taken but, again, I am curious.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Maybe some don't look at one's gender before they post, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, they could be drunk.

Judge Dread

• Snotrag
    Snotrag

Although not PC, the general use of "he" is not sexist. In a general reference it is easier to say "he" than try to differentiate the sex of a person. When I was taught the use of the language this was acceptable. There is a generational difference now but I think you will find it so if you look back at the instructions given 50 years ago.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    it is easier to say "he" than try to differentiate the sex of a person.

Yes, okay. I understand (although there IS a "female" symbol next to my "name"... to help with this). Again, I just wondered. Thanks for responding and peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Shelby

I always assumed you were female. Hope that helps!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

If guys assume you to be male based on your words alone, take that as a compliment. Guys would consider it to be a compliment indeed!

I was once told by a very dear friend that he considered me to be "one of the guys", but that most importantly, I was "also a woman" (whatever that means!) I took it as a compliment, squared.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Dear slave dudette: What makes you think Jeehover has a weewee?

If he does, where is Mrs. Jeehover? Relegated to the heavenly kitchen?

• John Doe
    John Doe

The "slave of Christ" signature does give off a wussy man aura.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Just curious (I find it interesting... and perhaps a little presumptuous)... but I'm just asking. No offensed taken but, again, I am curious.

Hmmmm, I really do not pay attention to the little symbol next to the avatar but I did think you were male in all honesty. I think it is because of the name aguest. It is not really a feminine name by any means.......? ? ?

And I think maybe perhaps the way you write as well. Just sounds like you use the same language as the apostles did.

t.f.d.s.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    If he does, where is Mrs. Jeehover? Relegated to the heavenly kitchen?

Isn't she the chick in the Philly cream cheese commercials?

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit