What do we know about the True Faith Jehovah's Witnesses?

by eyeslice 27 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice
    due to persecution in Romania, lost all contact with the WTBTS some time in the late 50's or early 60's. They just re-studied the literature they had on hand, over and over and over again.

I remember when I was in 'experiences' of isolated groups who just studied the Bible and then later found that their beliefs totally tallied with the JWs.

Strange isn't it that this group did much the same thing and found it was the JWs who had drifted away.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

moski7, most of the people here are ex-JWs (although JWs are also welcome and take part).

I'm curious, checking out CT Russell and found out that he disagreed with the doctrine of hell that's why he left Christianity and started the Watchtower.

I take it you believe JWs are not Christian then? A lot of people feel that way because they have usurped his place. They are the way, the truth and the life, no one can come to the father except through them. Similarly, no one can come to Jesus exept through them.

Edited to add: apologies for the thread drift eyeslice.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

A "True" faith is one that is based upon complete truth. How many people do you know of on the planet earth have a complete understanding of the bible?

The answer is "none" unless you could prove otherwise which I know you cannot.

t.f.d.s.

• moski7
    moski7

right ok yeh I believe Jw's are a cult but because they've twisted the bible doesn't mean God's disappeared. He never started the watchtower, this is what happens when people suddenly take chunks out of the bible they disagree with and make their own doctrines to suit their beliefs

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It was only when I started reading this site that I realised how little I knew about the bible. Sure, I knew how to parrot certain pet verses that the JWs attempt to link together to support their more bizarre teachings but the important stuff I didn't know. Like who translated and copied the bible, when, and how the books chosen to be part of the canon were picked, and why some were left out.

• 1914BS
    1914BS

It looks like the TFJWS belive that Jesus is the faithful and discreet slave

Jesus was and is the Faithful and True Witness of Jehovah, and he has committed a portion of the testimony to his faithful followers and commands them to go forth and give a witness. The opposers set themselves up above Jesus Christ, refuse to obey the commandments and to bear the reproaches that came upon Jesus
  • Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

Son of man- A "True" faith is one that is based upon complete truth. How many people do you know of on the planet earth have a complete understanding of the bible? The answer is "none" unless you could prove otherwise which I know you cannot.

Don't you have true faith, being that god communicates directly to you, and you are the f & d slave? What planet are you from?

Sorry for going off topic eyeslice.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Never heard about them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit