Kingdom Interlinear...Yahweh...anyonme know the year of edition or even better have a PDF

by digderidoo 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JWoods
    JWoods

OH, the so the quote is dated back to 1950 from the NWBT committee.

• JWoods
    JWoods

BTW, I think that old Freddy and the other translators would have been so far lost without that previous interlinear translation that they would STILL be wandering in the wilderness.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The funny thing about the 1969 edition ( I don't have the 1980 one) is that as you read it you will see the CORRECT translation and then the NWT interpretation on the side and in some cases the differences are quite noticable, at times it seems the NWT interpretation is doing some serious acrobatics to justify what is being written when comapred to what is the correct translation in the interlienar section.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Thanks Atlantis. Could i have that 1985 edition if you have it?

Paul

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

1985-KIT-PDF-download Click the link at the bottom of the next page. http://www.sendspace.com/file/j3qi6r N.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Thank you Atlantis, i have downloaded and will keep for future reference. I have been having a discussion with regards to the change between the two editions on the name Yahweh being a more superior rendition of the name, which is backed up by the 1969 edition. Even when the difference between the two is pointed out though, the JW still refuses to acknowledge it.

Paul

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

1972, published by the Watchtower "As to the Old Testament name of God, certainly the spelling and pronunciation "Jehovah" were originally a blunder."

• marcopolo
    marcopolo

Hello

i find of download but not can .. not work it..

i would like have in pdf Kingdom Interlinear.. can send me in my email??

[email protected]

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Atlantis' last quote needs to be understood for what it is. The quote appears to be from an intro to Byington's "Bible In Living English". This was printed and dispatched by the WTS but was not their work and not a WTS original publication. It served their purpose to publicise a translation that used the same name of God. They certainly did not write the intro .

The full quote says :

"As to the Old Testament name of God, certainly the spelling and pronunciation Jehovah were originally a blunder. But the spelling and the pronunciation are not highly important."

Let us be accurate and clear in all things....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Not the best of scans, but this is my "Kingdom Interlinear Translation of The Christian Greek Scriptures" first edition dated 1969

P23.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit