Does the bible really say that Jesus Christ was celibate?

by JWoods 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm inclined to agree with Leolaia.

Matthew 19:11-12 But Jesus said, "Not everyone is mature enough to live a married life. It requires a certain aptitude and grace. Marriage isn't for everyone. Some, from birth seemingly, never give marriage a thought. Others never get asked—or accepted. And some decide not to get married for kingdom reasons. But if you're capable of growing into the largeness of marriage, do it." MSG

I believe Jesus was one of those everyones.

Sylvia

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    The Bible seems to state pretty clearly to me that jesus was homosexual, spending the night with the naked young man

Secret Mark is not in the Bible, nor is it clear that the text in question isn't a modern forgery. And Secret Mark does not claim that the disciple was naked; he was wearing a linen cloth since he had just been resurrected, and Jesus spent the night teaching him about the kingdom. It would be cool if the text is genuinely ancient, as it would make sense of some weird oddities in the canonical text of Mark (such as the seam at Mark 10:46 where it looks like something was deleted, and the strange episode with the naked man wearing only a linen cloth in Mark 14:51-52), and if it was a forgery its creator was a complete genius, but there are many legitimate questions about its authenticity.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It says he kept the Jewish law perfectly, and that forbad sex before marriage

• JWoods
    JWoods

Here, for what it is worth, is the poll result on my other site:

Yes - 20 No - 28 Doesn't Matter - 17 I don't know/don't care - 10.

And this is a pretty secular site, with only a smattering of the fundamentalist.

James Woods voted Doesn't Matter, BTW.

• metatron
    metatron

This is a serious question that should raise grave doubts that the Gospels are accurate history. Sex is a big part of life and the primary reason for disfellowshipping - yet, there is no record of Jesus being tested in regard to sex.

It overcomes any other claim of the Gospels. It is glaring by its absence.

metatron

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

He could be a WT figurative virgin, like the GB, in that he never was corrupted in being involved with false religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit