Which is worst cult---JW or Scientology?

by cameo-d 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Do these two cults have more similarities or more differences?

Is one any worse than the other?

• cattails
    cattails

Scientology is definitely worse.

All I can think of is Tom Cruises toothy smile, and Dianetics and the Cocaine binge inspired script to a movie with tall aliens with six fingers, and an alien jet flying over the Canaries, Xenu and thetans, and monkey deamons attached like blood suckers on your back, and it gives me the willies.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Scientology is spun completely from NOTHING.

JWs, on the other hand, are just a bit eccentric. I'd rather my neighbor be a JW than an atheist.

• BabaYaga
  • bohm
    bohm

COLD STEEL: bait...must...not...bite...

Scientology is definetely worse. They started out, right from the beginning, with the intention of fucking their members up. They way they do mind control - for example loading the language - is simply on a whole other level.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They are both so bad that it is irrelevant.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Beyond comparison. Scientology is scary and far more controversial. JWs are much more "mainstream" in values etc....

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I have heard that they hunt down "defectors" and that they use fear tactics similar to JWs to cut off family and friends if you drop out.

Do you all think there is a similarity in the spying on members and the ostracism for defectors?

If Scientology were to be discredited as a religion, do you think WT would be next in line....or will WT mainstream in an attempt to prevent that?

• White Dove
    White Dove

I thought they hunted them down and killed them.

• finding my way
    finding my way

Scientology is worse IMO. For instance, if you disagree with them and they choose to disfellowship you or whatever they call it, they sit your spouse down and tell them "either you divorce your spouse, or you're out too".

I saw that on a video on youtube. It wa s woman that had an internet show or something and she was covering the subject of shunning. I can't find it.. If I can find it, how do I upload it on here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit