How Many Elders Are Here?

by tjlibre 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Elder In Good Standing (tm)!

Present and accounted for.

The latest round of letters to the BOE were about the annual pioneer meeting, H1N1 protocols, access to the JW-org website, and a couple new Pubic Talk outlines. (sp?)

Would you like to know the latest secret handshake?

om

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

I wonder how can we identify an awaken JW…by its fruitage? By the words out of the abundance of his/her heart? Secret handshake…LOL? special codes?

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I served for 16 years (was appointed young). Two of those years were the most fulfilling as I served as an Aposta-Elder, engaging in under-cover operations and working hard to free minds from the inside, and to actually protect the flock for real, from harmful WT policies.

I am now free, and am still doing what I can to help free minds from the outside - although it is much more difficult and the opportunities to make an impact are few and far between when you are part of the human race, and not plugged in to the inner circle of the cult.

For the hundreds of elders and circuit overseers etc that regularly read the board, and sometimes post, please know that I am here to help in any way I can.

Peace on earth,

The Oracle

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

you dont boss people about and act all smug though do you?

• cattails
    cattails

"TJlibre stands for Testigo De Jehova Libre or a free Jehovah’s Witness"

Hi TJL. You sound very familiar. Do you happen to go by the nick "iloowy" in the Extj.com/foro group or were you "buzkid" here previously?

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

Hello cattails,

No, I’m not those “guys” ;). It is my first time joining an online forum of any kind. I’ve been lurking, looking, and reading “apostate” material for a about a year or so.

I wanted to wait to be appointed as an elder before making my decision to stay or leave the JW, I needed to confirm on my own that things were not what I thought they were (you know what I mean).

I serve in a Spanish speaking congregation, and I’m planning to launch a website a la freemind.org in Spanish to help the Spanish speaking JW community. I feel that the bulk of the information that helped me to see the truth about the “truth” was in English, the ones available in Spanish I felt were poorly presented or not easily available (researchable).

I feel that the WT org will mostly be supported by the Spanish Cong in the US and perhaps world wide. The reason is that culturally the JW religion appeal to the Hispanic community and I’ve seen tremendous growth in that field. For example, in the KH where my cong. meets there are a couple of English speaking cong with about 40 to 70 publisher (which by the way are 60 to 70 % Hispanic descendants) and the rest of the cong are Spanish speaking with about 85 to 135 publishers (and many, many, “bible students”, pioneers, elders etc). Culturally, the Hispanic community tends to be submissive, religious, less educated and not inclined to do research. What I’m trying to convey is that the WT is finding fresh blood in that field that’ll allow them to continue their policies for many years to come. And is because of that reason that I’m planning to do my inside job for the Spanish speaking JW community, with the hope that some will see the WT Org for what it is.

• cattails
    cattails

Hi TJL. Thanks for telling more about yourself. I'm glad you feel comfortable telling this and I think your goals of helping to put up a website for Spanish JWs to be helped make an escape from the WT is very good. I'm sorry to have confused you, but have you ever visited the Extj.com forum? It's in Spanish and has lots of members. You're welcome to join discussions there and talk with others who've gone through many similar problems when in the WT organization. My Spanish isn't as good as it could be but I can pretty much understand and make simple replies there. There are Bethelites, Current Elders and Ex-Elders there as well.

Thanks for your posts.

Caitlin

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Good for you tjlibre.

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

Thanks cattail, I'll take a look. I hope that my online name is not taken. :)

Me gusta el TJ LIBRE!

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

Thanks MM, I'd like to eventually contact Randy. W to ask for permittion to translate some of this essays.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit