Diary of a fornicaterin' slow fade...kinda long

by jesussaves 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

Thanks for the kind words :) GL, glad you liked my excerpt! I hope it does well too, but if one JW escapes because of my book it'll be sooooo worth it. Crisis of Conscience did that for me, so this is kinda giving back.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Sometimes I sit at church and feel like I don't have a testimony, because I wasn't on drugs or homeless or something more drastic.

You were on Crack! At least the type the WT deals in. Anyhow, it is far more addictive and powerful. Most JWs are spaced out of their minds and waiting for the next "fix" of field service and such.

But when I think of where I was (in darkness not knowing God) to where I am now, I can't help but shout!!

Amen!

This is a good verse for you :)

Revelation 12:11 (New International Version)

11 They overcame him
    by the blood of the Lamb
    and by the word of their testimony

Jesus' sacrifice is essential but so is our testimony. Lookout for over comers through yours :)

Blessings,

Stephen

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

Good verse, Stephen! Love it!

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I started to laugh then I was horrified as I read down. I usually dont read posts if they are too long but yours was interesting and very human. reminds me very much of some of my own experiences. its horrible to be an intelligent person trapped in a simple religion, where every question has two possible answers only, and its all so simple because its all so black and white.

you sound strong and confident, funny and able to look back and see how you have grown from it all, and this is the route I hope many can take, instead of being what I like to call 'the ex witness' - in that you never leave it behind and you are forever defined by what you were instead of what you are xx

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

Thanks, creativ! I appreciate you!

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Good for you Jesussaves!

I'll be watching for the book release!

You are soooo right. If it helps one JW to escape or wake up it is well worth your effort.

Cheers!

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit