Reading the bible and loving it

by digderidoo 15 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Me too!... this is the version I've chosen:

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I also want to re-read the bible. I attend some of the meetings and always try to read on in the bible along with my KIT whenever NT scriptures are mentioned. This has been a very re-refeshing experience for me. I agree that going back after unravelling a JW, and for me even a chrisitian, mindset and re-routing by means of a completely different outlook is very rewarding and inspiring.

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

I can relate to all of the comments here. Being bilingual allows me to read the bible in both, English and Spanish. I listen to the NIV in English and read the KJ and NIV in Spanish.

I have to admit that I’m really enjoying my reading of the bible outside of the WT box. WOW! It amazes me to realize how much has been taken away from us. Things like, developing a personal relationship with Jehovah and His Son, realizing that we don’t have all the answers as to what is correct and what is not, and truly appreciating what Jesus did and is still doing for us.

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

hey check this out...I'm buying my copy soon.

http://www.bibleglo.com/

• littlebird
    littlebird

I've been reading the new testament without the watchtower goggles on for about a year now. It's funny how you can read the same scriptures you've read as a jw, and come up with a whole different meaning than what we had learned before.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Paul,

Great post, great thread!

All the comments just go to show how corrupt the NWT is. For sure, it is a counterfeit bible.

The real fun is reading the bible is when the Holy Spirit starts pointing things out that are specific to you and your life. It is truly living and active Hebrews 4:12

On the subject of LORD in the NIV, I understand your point of view.

However, consider these verses Joel 2:32 Acts 2:21 Romans 10:13 Romans 10:9 1 Corinthians 12:3 John 10:30

Blessings,

Stephen

P.S. Plenty of reading plans here BTW http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/readingplans/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit