A gun was pulled on my mum.

by LouBelle 20 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh Poor MUm...So happy she is alive.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I 've been held at gun point twice. My parents where thrown on the ground on the parking lot of a restaurant and held with a shotgun pointed at them. Thankfully none of us were hurt, but those instances showed us the ugly side of life. It's a feeling I don't wish on anyone (well, maybe one or two people :p)

I'm sorry it happened to your mom, but I'm glad she's alright.

• nelly136
    nelly136

thank goodness you still have your mum

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Scary I'm sure...I'm so happy she wasn't hurt.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

She and you might enjoy watching this Karate Self Defence video on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2REG3-Wb5gM

• DJK
    DJK

I'm into the self defense thing. I would have taken the gun and shot him in his ass. Nothing more embarrassing than being shot in the ass with your own gun.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

From what I've heard, it's best to throw your purse, keys or whatever the robber is after, behind him, so he has to turn around and pick it up while you run away in the oposite direction. Years ago while working at a store, I was robbed at gunpoint. I stayed calm and gave him the $50 that was in the drawer, but everything else is blank after that. Apparently, after the robber fled I locked up the store, called my husband at the time and then called the police. I had to be coaxed into unlocking the doors for he police, but I don't remember any of it. They caught the guy a few hours later, and I identified him in a line up. I went to court to testify, but it was unneccessary. He copped a plea for bad check charges, and the robbery charge was dropped. He was sentenced to 22 months...tha's what I call real justice.

Glad to hear your mum's all right physically. It may take some time for her to get over it emotionally. Crime sucks!

• chickpea
    chickpea

my heart is just thumping out of my chest!!

what a horrific experience for your mother
    and YOU as well.... your anger is appropriate!!

hope everyone is able to recover from the fright

• White Dove
    White Dove

Lou,

That's horrible! I'm glad she's okay. I was robbed at work and forced to the ground with the gun to my head. After a couple of minutes, I was taken to another room and shoved to the ground. Then, I was locked in a walk in refridgerator. It was a terrifying experience. I had PTSD for years after and have just recently realized that I must be over it now. It still sends chills down my spine remembering it. The elders and others lack of concern at all is what sent me over the aposta-edge. It revealed what they really were.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Lou

I have to say I am sorry about my post. I was up in the middle of the night when I first read your thread I do not sleep well and I do not think well either at that time of the morning. I did not mean to sound like I was going off on my own story.

What you and your mom has been though is horrible. And I am sorry if I sound wrong in telling my story. It just brought back so many bad memories of what we went through. I am still not over it.

I am sorry that your mom has been through. It is horrible and there is nothing you can do about it. That is the worst part of it. Our lives mean nothing to these people.

Again I am sorry. LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit