Who Writes WT Study Articles?

by monkeyman 12 Replies latest jw friends

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

OK, I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the WT study yesterday Nov 1 about adopting Jesus' personality.

It was far from the ho hum studies that focuses on FS.

My question is..............Who writes the WT Study articles? This one was definitely written by someone other than the last 50 or so articles.

So Is there anyone out there who knows how these articles are submitted. There is a famous article written back in the late 90's dealing with depression. It apparently got a tremendously positive response. I know who wrote that one.

Has anything changed?

• asilentone
    asilentone

It would be nice if I know which one wrote the articles in the WT & AW, why are they hiding their writers?

• pat1060
    pat1060

I always thought members of the GB wrote the study articles,because they have to contain mind control messeges....Also the 12 years I was out of the org,the study articles were very different,it is a new crop of writers.

• trueblue
    trueblue

I was told that the anointed at the society wrote the WT. The anointed at local congregations made reports about coments made at meetings to the anointed at the society. and through prayer write the articles.

That is supposed to be part of the faithful descreet slave class.

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

My question is..............Who writes the WT Study articles?

Satan

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Just as one article around 1993-4 or so, entitled something like "You are valuable in the eyes of Jehovah" - very good, perhaps THE best article ever to have been printed, and it also gained widespread response.

Mighty long time since some study articles have dealt with Greek words and the more narrow or specific areas - they seem very much alike these days. But I do not think the notion that local anointed send input to the GB who in turn write as response to that. Perhaps a theory, but not a reality. Input that MIGHT result in articles, are newspaper articles critical of JW etc. It did not take long from the US News & World Report article on the 1914 generation till the 1994 change came.

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

OldHippie...............That's the article I was thinking about.

I just happen to know who wrote that. He is not of the anointed and is in the writing dept.

That was in 93? Wow. It's been too long. Not too many articles like that since. Too bad.

• sir82
    sir82

I'm about 99% certain the WT article studied on Nov. 1 was written by David Ianelli.

I've met him & heard him speak a number of times - the article is written in his style.

I don't know anyone else on the writing committee - but I do know most if not all of the writing committee are not "anointed".

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

David Ianelli

I remember in a previous post Barbara Anderson mentioned this guy, as he one who wrote "All Scriptures..." book, which has to be one of the best -if not the best- book ever published by WTS.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The answer to the question is that the articles are drafted by the members of the writing committee. They are then submitted to the GB for approval. They are usually rubber stamped with only minor modification if any. The GB certainly do not write them. If you haven't done so already read the book Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz, he gives a real insight into what the GB actually do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit