Brilliant Talk Yesterday

by Violet 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Violet
    Violet

Just thought I would share this.........a brother who used to be a mercenary before he came into the Truth gave the talk at the Hall yesterday and he said that the Bible was like Jehovah's CV.....it told us everything about Him.....so we can really know Him.

He also said with all the governments and all the rules and regulations in the world, and nothing working at the moment, we should appreciate that Jehovah only has 2 laws.............Love Him above all other things, and love our neighbours..........if only the whole world obeyed those 2 laws there would be peace without the need for Armageddon................so its all down to humans why things are going wrong.

If we abandoned the planet tomorrow the earth would repair itself and there would be peace and harmony in Nature.........

Man has really messed up.

Thank goodness we have had the chance to know Jehovah and have a hope for the future!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

.............Love Him above all other things, and love our neighbours.......
    ...if only the whole world obeyed those 2 laws there would be peace

WELL at least he got that part right. But as to Jehovah???
    that isnt the name of MY GOD where did he dig that up? what century?

• cantleave
    cantleave

same old same old, someone slightly embellishing a bland outline from an uncaring, hypocritical organisation. Violet would have got more benefit if she slept through it..

• wobble
    wobble

Welcome Violet,

I look forward to more of your comments, and perhaps if you feel able, an introduction of yourself so we know a little about you.

Welcome again.

Love

Wobble

• nelly136
    nelly136

de ja vu, could sworn id already read this somewhere else.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

add an N to your name Violet and you have Jehovah's CV in one word.

• Violet
    Violet

de ja vu, could sworn id already read this somewhere else.

sadly I posted this twice....sorry!!

• steve2
    steve2

Nice observations Violet, especially "Jehovah only has 2 laws". Yes, humans tend to follow destructive ways, whether it be politics or religion. Sadly, "Jehovah's organization" has kept adding to Scripture over the years until it is hard to distinguish what is essentially Scriptural and what is man-made. But to be fair - many, many religions have done this: Started out with the Scriptural basics only to add their own interpretations. Look forward to hearing more from you, Violet.

• readyornot
    readyornot

Hi Violet, I'm a rare poster but would like to welcome you to the board. The 2 points you mentioned are very important ones. I know many people who are not Jehovah's Witness, that implement those principles into their lives. Loving our neighbors should be unconditional, whether they be JW, Muslim, gay...

Non judgement and love, are truly godly qualities.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> with all the governments and all the rules and regulations in the world, and nothing working at the moment

I disagree with this statement. If none of the rules were working we would be in a situation similar to Mad Max. I don't see any Mad Max's anywhere other than places like Afghanistan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit