Lost but now found : This site and update on life

by Louise 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Louise
    Louise

I have been searching for this for ages. It just seemed to have fallen off the net or was down in South Africa - couldn't find links or anything. Was really weird.

The site looks clean, I miss the old site however. Such is it.

A quick update on where I'm at. My last job was to be a sales manager for a paper called Bayede - the position was very misleading and after 3 months of hard work, setting systems in place and selling 1/4 of a million rand I was told to leave. That was in August. Didn't have any work, and though applied for positions that I qualified for, didn't even get interviews.

Coped a hellofa lot better though. Did gardening, planted a vegetable and herb garden, which was extremely rewarding and kept me busy. Looked after the home and my family.

2015 rolled around and I have been temping at Independent Newspapers - I love the company and the work. The position I've been working in was advertised so I have applied for it and I know I'm the best person for it. I should know in about 2 weeks or so.

I'm not sure if I had mentioned it before I "lost" the site - my grandfather passed about last year - unfortunately it wasn't that sad. He wasn't the nicest man.

My JW gran is currently dying. I haven't spoken to her in 10 years, since I was disfellowshipped. I contacted her elder son in law and told him that I have hands on experience with cancer and can help her on a physical level so that her final days won't be lonely and she will have some dignity. I asked that she be told that it is okay to accept my physical help. Well as expected the answer came back that I need to respect her wishes and leave her be. She wants nothing to do with me.

On a personal front - I'm doing well. Exceptionally well emotionally. I have my family, my pets, my friends, my home. All my needs are met.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Good on you Louise, it sounds as if life in South Africa is increasingly challenging for white and black alike.

Greetings

Fernando

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Welcome back on board ................Yuslaaik !

Ouma sounds like a tuffy eh! You have done what you could for her.

Are you still in Durbs n'all ?

Glad to note that you are ok !

We are having a Peachy day here in Stormers country:

http://www.capetown-webcam.com/

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    Welcome back! I remember your story. So your own dying JWE Grandmother wants nothing to do with you? Another fine "witness" for this mind-f*ck of a cult. Feel the Love! I wouldn't give that toxic woman another thought. Life is too short.
  • Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y

life in South Africa is increasingly challenging for white and black alike

That's an understatement Fernando. If we "need to get away from it all", we vacation in Bosnia or Sarajevo, ha ha ha.

Afrikanman, I've been a Cheetah supporter all my life but I'm seriously contemplating converting to Wiepiejoulekkading.

Hi Louise, glad that you're "found".

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

glad to have news from you Louise, that your job seems to be working out and especially that you are doing fine emotionally. good luck for the job application.

take care

jlp

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Was it Lou Belle?

Glad you found your way back.

Doc

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN
    Well what do you know we have an Afrikaans Box commenting and welcoming you back in a very loving manner! Amazing how tough people can make themselves out to be behind their Avatars etc Moegoe ! Or as we say in Cape Town - Jou ma se [luxury German sports-car]
  • Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Here's hoping yu get that job. Cheers and best wishes

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Louise,

I'm glad you're doing well "on all fronts."

I'm sorry, it's her loss. And she won't even have Jehovah to repay her.

Welcome back,

Oubliette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit