WHAT IS JW REACTION TO TRICK AND TREATERS?

by badboy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I replied: "The same thing you do to us the rest of the year: hide in the basement and pretend we're not home!"

I know many JW`s who do that!

...................... ...OUTLAW

• VIII
    VIII

Exactly as Mary said: turn off the lights and pretend you're not home. We used to sit in the dark, ignoring the knocks and ringing doorbell. In spite of everyone knowing we were not participating and all the lights being off, the local kids, who never T&T'd with parents, still came to the door. They loved antagonizing us.

Now, I turn on the lights, put a lighted pumpkin on the porch and hand out handfuls to each kid that comes begging. I figure if they have dress up and walk door-to-door asking for candy, I'm going to give them lots of it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I used to turn off the lights (usually I was at work during the peak of it, unless it was a boasting session night). Later, I would put cotton in the doorbell plunger to prevent it from audibly ringing if anyone was trick or treating. Seems that this is a waste--this past year, I let the door bell work (and even left the bowl of candy outside, with instructions for parents or older children to assist small children). And, I got precisely zero.

• BadBettie
    BadBettie

Nobody came to our house it was always too much of a walk. My sister got real strict about lights on but I was in the front room and would leave them on in hopes of seeing how disruptive it would be. Nothing. Too bad. I'd love to hear her scream about the "demo" [said dee-mo] holiday in front of children so I could be the hero and tell her to get lost [I was not baptised until my late teen years and I was randomly defiant].

As kids,Mom would take us to a movie so we would get to do something special too. One year though she made the mistake of taking us to fantasia, we walked out when the big dark character came on screen and apparently started summoning demons.

I got to see most of the film, and she bought us Mc Donalds for making us walk out. We didn't mind at all. Other years we'd go to the Halloween swim and have great fun having the pool to ourselves.

On the years we did stay home we would laugh and turn out all our lights while being rather saturnine about it joking we needed to hide [my sister was not impressed by the rest of us].

This year was my 1st actually participating. I had a lot of fun. I dont feel bad for missing it as a kid, but it would have been a riot to do every year as a kid. I cant wait until I have my own house for kids to knock at. Id hide in a costume on my lawn and scare them heh heh heh

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

My dad used go to the door and explain how Halloween was a pagan Holiday that we didn't celebrate.

That went over well.

• White Dove
    White Dove

My mom would put a big sign on the door stating, "We don't celebrate Halloween, so we don't give out candy." We used to listen to the kids at the door read it. It was disappointing to not be able to open the door and give them candy. Worse, we couldn't go trick or treating. My mom would conduct a family study during that time. It was hard to see the kids having fun while we had to sit still and pay attention to the study.

• badboy
    badboy

BTTTT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit