WHAT IS JW REACTION TO TRICK AND TREATERS?

by badboy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

any ideas?

• metaspy
    metaspy

I knew a brother who would hand out "bible study" tracts.

I don't think that it is recommended behavior, but he would do it.

• Gordy
    Gordy

They don't like strangers calling at awkward times on their doors.

• sacolton
    sacolton

It's okay for THEM to go to YOUR door, but don't you DARE go to THEIR door for anything!

• Mary
    Mary

On a funny note, several years ago when I was still going to the meetings, one of my neighbours' kids asked me: "What do Jehovah's Witnesses do when people come Trick or Treating to your door?"

I replied: "The same thing you do to us the rest of the year: hide in the basement and pretend we're not home!"

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

my wife was glad it was raining yesterday, and said that should fix 'em.

I corrected her by reminding her not to wish harm on people just because their belief was diffrent.

she said: "i'm only talking to you"

• nelly136
    nelly136

potential time and placements without having to leave the house.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is like Mary said..Pretend you are not at home and hope that you are not egged or slimed in the Morning....

BTW at this time of year I always remember the film with Clint Eastwood and Kevin Costner..Was it called " A Perfect World"? about a friendship between a criminal and a little J W boy who had never had the fun of celebrating Halloween.. We had seen it at home but I recall some kids at the Hall telling me that it was one film that they were definitely not allowed to watch...

• Gopher
    Gopher

In our family the reaction was avoidance.

If it was a meeting night, avoiding the cavorters was no problem.

If Halloween fell on a non-meeting night our parents would take us to dinner and a movie. Wherever we went, people looked at me and my little sister --- not dressed up for the holiday --- and give us sympathy candy.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

In our town, the trick or treaters are only allowed to go to your house if you have your porch light on. If you don't have it on, that means you do not want trick or treaters. Lots of people do not have their lights on.

Most people around here take their children only to homes of families or friends for trick or treat, or they go to nursing homes or places like that. There is a lot of worry about what your children may get from people they don't know; i.e. razor blades or needles put in candy, etc.

So here it is not a big deal if you do not want trick or treaters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit