Why I Don't Believe In Demons...

by Tuesday 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I wasn't going to post this video but alot of people are finding it funny online so I figured I'd share....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWEZb1DOnC0

• Heaven
    Heaven

Very good points made here, Tuesday. I think your Mom is a prime example of the saying "What You Focus On Expands". You weren't even thinking about demons and slept fine. She was all worried about them and had bad dreams. Makes perfect sense to me.

She needs to focus on something else... something more positive especially when she's about to fall asleep.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I enjoyed your video. (I've always hated your devil music, however, at the intro and conclusion.)

I've heard that the book below is THE book to read if you'd like to rid yourself of any belief in demons/supernatural. It's on my list of books to read. I've personally never seen anything that would lead me to believe in demons or invisible persons, but I'm looking forward to reading Sagan's scientific approach to the topic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Demon-Haunted_World

If you want to see something funny, have a JW tell a "demon story" in a group of people that includes at least one non-JW. That individual will look around as if he or she is surrounded by nut jobs. It's very amusing.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Aw.. the song at the end of the video is a mash-up I made a couple of years ago. It's Anti-Christ Superstar by Marilyn Manson's music with Jesus Walks by Kanye West's lyrics over it. I always thought it was pretty good. I guess I should stick to Kingdom Ministries with peope rapping over it (which was my last video).

I'll have to try that demon story thing some time.

• trueblue
    trueblue

Another thing that strikes me as being rediculous is JWs anouncing that they went to a door where people say that they where just praying asking God to reveal the truth to them and here come JWs at the door.

I myself have had meaningful and heartfelt prayers to God and there were no JWs at my door, instead there were many different things being thrown at me that many would think it was from the demons especially the JWs. Things along the line of mysticism, etc., etc. I was told that demons where just a figment of ones imagination. There is nothing to fear except for fear itself.

I use to have a book called Mental Poisoning, and it was stating that you could make a person sick just by telling them that they look sick and went on to say that a person under hypnosis were told that they are being touched on the arm with a red hot iron when they are actually being touched with a cold iron, a blister would appear on the persons arm. ( I have no way to verify that) The book was also stating that the reason why all the archeologests that entered into (Tutom's or Thutmose's) or what ever Pharo's tomb died because the writings on the walls convinced them that they would die for intering the tomb. Their theory was that the hypnotic sudjestions on the walls had to be the explanation and not because there was poison in the tomb as many thought before because they all died at defferent time and died of different causes.

Actually myself I think they all died because it was their time to die and everyone else is fooling themselves to beleive that the tomb had something to do with it.

• startingover
    startingover

I agree with the points you made in the video. Even when I was forcefed believe in beings like that at a young age, I really thought they never bothered me because deep down, I really didn't think they existed.

The other night I was awoken by a bug or spider on my ear, which I brushed off half asleep. I never did discover what it was, but then I could not get back to sleep because I kept feeling imaginary bugs crawling on me. I think it's all the same thing, you mind is capable of creating realistic encounters that never happened.

BTW, what doesthe shirt you are wearing in the video say?

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I've never tried that kind of yoga before.

I'll have to see if I can find a class............

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Great vid Tuesday. I remember when I quit believing in demons, it wasn't until after I left the borg, so I was a lot older then you before I figured it out.

But yeah, you feel like a big doofus when the obvious finally smacks you across the face.

• peacedog
    peacedog

I wonder how many JWs have mistaken sleep paralysis for "demon attacks"™

Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain awakes from a REM state, but the body paralysis persists. This leaves the person fully conscious, but unable to move. The paralysis can last from several seconds to several minutes "after which the individual may experience panic symptoms and the realization that the distorted perceptions were false".

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If the demons were really interested in hurting your mom and her fellow jw, why didn't they just conk them in their heads with the bookbags instead of just moving them across the room? Why didn't the demons cause them to wreck their car instead of wating around until bedtime? If Jehovah is so strong, why did he allow the demons o mess with them in the first place?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit