Why weren't the rebellious angels destroyed?

by jabberwock 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jabberwock
    jabberwock

Nearly every living thing is drowned to death because of the badness and general mischief going on during Noah's day. Why aren't the angels who materialized bodies and fathered a race of giant, violent freaks destroyed as well?

I know that they, presumably, left their bodies just in time to escaped the Flood, but that shouldn't be enough to escape the wrath of Almighty God.

It's interesting that the Genesis account says very little about them. As far as I can tell, their actions are not even condemned until much later in the books of Peter and Jude. I'm sure Leolaia will have some interesting things to add about this.

• highdose
    highdose

i second that! why do the humans suffer and die but the angels get away with it?

• bohm
    bohm

The story of Noahs ark is full of strange stuff. The reason it all happened was because the angels got horny and desided to screw the women on earth. So the situation is like this: God is sitting on his throne and he knows the angels want to fuck around. he also knows this means he will eventually have to kill every man, woman, child and beast save those on the ark.

What the angels want to do is obviously a sin, and even though the women who are seduced by the angels may have a choice, their actions will condemn a hell of a lot of innocent.

Now, god has every oppertunity to intervene, but he choose not to. I never really found a good answer to that question that didnt make God look like a dick.

• oldseeker
    oldseeker

I raised a similar question in another thread a few days ago. Genesis chapter 6 is interesting in that it reveals God's attitude toward humans, at least at that time. Gen.6:6,7: "And Jehovah felt regrets that he had made men in the earth, and he felt hurt at his heart. So Jehovah said: "I am going to wipe men whom I have created off the surface of the ground, from man to domestic animal, to moving animal and to flying creature of the heavens, because I do regret that I have made them."

I don't know for sure, but to me, it sounds like an emotional outburst, anger, hurt, regret, etc. The WT tries to temper what the word "regret" means, as if Jehovah didn't really mean it. But, the reality is, if it weren't for Noah "finding favor" in God's eyes, mankind would have been toast. And, yes you are right, all of this, if not most of it, because of what the angels had done in bringing violence to the earth. Where's the attributes of Jehovah in this (Love, Justice, Wisdom, Power). Alright, I suppose Power could stand alone without application of the other attributes, but in that case it becomes unreasoning Force.

If you want a really captivating slant on what happened, read 1 Enoch especially chapters 1-35. Enoch mentions details of what supposedly happened concerning these angels. A number of the books of Enoch were found among the Dead Sea scrolls, so it has some history. Jude alludes to the book of Enoch. This doesn't mean it's all true, some of it sounds like a fairy tale (kind of like Revelation).

I am left to wonder how much God's son may have influenced, even tempered God's anger toward humans at that time.

oldseeker

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

The question and all the comments

are making the assumption that the

tale is true.........................................

If it simply a tale and myth the question

answers itself, make believe is not reality

so none of it really happened

• JWoods
    JWoods

And then, Locked Chaos, you will also not have to beat yourself up figuring out how the unique species made it to Australia and what happened to the dinosaurs.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

IF one is to take the view that God is all knowing and all powerful, then God would not get angry nor would he get disappointed by his creations, he would also NOT need to destroy innocent animals and children.

The flood seems to be a story about how ancient man justified, in their view, a very eventful flood that killed many people.

In other words, ancient man Blamed God for a natural disaster and people that cam later felt comfortable with "that fact", the "fact" that a All powerful being needed to destroy all living things with a flood, even the living things that HAD NOTHING to do with his supposed "disappointment".

OIVEY !

• moshe
    moshe

Even the Jews today don't take that story seriously- Bible writers used a lot of metaphor to "explain the unexplainable".

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

In the beginning of all creation GOD allowed "free will" and taught good from evil and let those HE created choose. As mentioned by the W.T.S. you cannot force someone to love you. I shall prove to be means that Almighty GOD cannot just say one thing but has to prove it. This is so HE can proove to all that HE is The Almighty.

Satan created beast like the prehistoric creatures we see remains of. They cannot dwell upon the earth along with humans therefore GOD wiped them out. Satan chose to rebel along with the other foolish ones and without restraints put on them they would destroy all that GOD created. Free will is allowed for a period of time. All that has ocurred throughout history is not predestination but as simple as a human choosing to drink water or juice. GOD intervened where necessary as ALL creation belongs to HIM. HE did not create it all for nothing but to be inhabited as written.

Just as humans are not put to death by GOD when they do wicked, so are the wicked spirits in heaven. A slave is not greater than the master, or the Law of the First Fruits applies. If you were born before your sybling, you are the first fruit therefore you have priority. This makes it fair for all that come into existance.......

t.f.d.s.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Think "Firmament" and

the waters above

It means more when

you discover your own

answers by research

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit