Why would god do this?!

by foolsparadise 17 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

A majority of Christians don't even believe it's a real story, if that makes you feel any better.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Robdar.... THAT was hilarious! Thank you.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I don't think Genesis should be taken literally. For one thing, I doubt the Earth was created in just six (human) days. Now, there's a bible verse that says 1 day with the Lord is 1,000 years, so 6,000 years to create the Earth is more logical.

"But, Beloved, Be Not Ignorant Of This One Thing, That One Day Is With The LORD As A Thousand Years, And A Thousand Years As One Day."
    2 Peter 3:8

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Even IF you were to take that account literally, you need to take the WHOLE account:

God created Adma and EVE and gave them everything they needed, even wanted, but he also understood their deires to know more, to want to be more, to have more, so God gave them a choice:

Stay as you are and "trust me" or eat of the SYMBOLIC fruit of knowledge and fend for yourselves.

They chose.

There wasn't a punishment after that, only the reality of the consequences of their choice.

Sure they and "US" view it as a punishment, simple because they didn't want to view it as a consequence of their actions.

So much easier to blame God for everything.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

The tree was placed there to expose sin. It's just that simple.

• booby
    booby

and to bring torment to the rest of humanity who had no choice in the matter. Sounds fair enough to me. Makes perfect sense to me. Oh, just a minute now. Now that I think about it a bit more it makes no fricken sense at all.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

And could it be so simple that man was given a garden of luxury....and yet wanted to know more about his existence and why.

And could it be that today people have a choice between Love or Light?

Which is more important..."knowledge" (which often leads only to more questions and confusion and misunderstanding) or the simplicity of Love and love in action?

WT teaches that "accurate" knowledge is the key. But most of the time "accurate" knowledge is always someone elses interpretation or dictates.

If we chose Love in its simplicity would we not have a better world without domination and arguments?

• designs
    designs

Its funny how each Denomination hopscotches thru Genesis, this is literal and that is allegorical. When we were active as Witnesses we were told to believe that the snake really existed and talked, Eden was a real valley somewhere in the Middle East. The Leaders, GB, didn't like the literal 6 days so that was changed, first to 7 thousand years then to 'undisclosed' as their end times beliefs evolved..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit