Swine Flu

by purplesofa 31 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Well, I was wondering if anyone here has had Swine Flu?

I got it last week.

My son, daughter and granddaughter have it now.

Jada was sent to the emergency room at the Childrens Hospitol here yesterday. Her symptoms were bad and she is under two.

So they sent her there.

The entire emergency room staff, security etc were wearing masks.

Apparently it is getting worse here, the amount of cases.

It was a brutal sickness, I can't imagine babies and elderly dealing with it well at all.

Although, I got sick with the symptoms a week ago, I feel very weak and tired and have a terrible cough still.

I read on one site the symptoms being disorientation and confusion, which I experianced.

Has anyone here had it, how did you survive it?

purps

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sounds serious.

'disorientation and confusion'

Amazing animals, virii. So, you didn't get the shot, i gather? Hope i don't get from posting on your thread.

S

• snowbird
    snowbird

Haven't had it yet, Purps.

I'm glad the worst is over for you, and I hope little Jada will be ok.

My 20-year old college daughter called me from school to tell me she was very tired, dizzy, and shaky.

I urged her to go to the student health center.

This thing is scary!

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

(((Purps)))..

Swine Flu..??????????????

Thats horrible!..Poor Jada!..

I hope you all get better soon..

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Now I'm concerned. Ms C (my gf) got the shot last week whereas I have not (no insurance). She was telling me this morning that she got some dizzy spells at work yesterday (she works in an elementary school). I hope she's not coming down with it.

Although apparently there's a different flu going around right now also thats' much worse.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I did get the regular flu shot, but I don't think the H1N1 is available here, well maybe for the neediest.

Hope you don't get it either satanus.

Thanks sylvia, I am worried about little Jada too, I wish I had not started this job so I could be there to help them today.

I hope your daughter gets to the Health Center soon.

When I got it, it hit me very fast and I deteriorated quickly.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I will say I did not feel well a few days before the symptoms but never thought it was going to be the flu.

I had sinus problems and loss of appetite.

Once the symptoms hit, that's when it was downhill fast.

purps

• snowbird
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

Actually Sylvia, we have been talking about that at work.

We hear so many cases word of mouth, but not much on the news.

The doc that saw Jada said he had the flu a few weeks ago that he got from a cancer patient.

We all seem to know someone that knows someone that has had Swine flu.

I know many say it's like having the regular flu, but I have had the flu before

and this is different. Both bad, no doubt, but this was a different sickness feeling.

purps

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

So far we have escaped the flu. But California usually lags behind the rest of the nation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit