How Much of an Impact is Being Made by Young JW' s Leaving the Cult ?

by flipper 50 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

So what do you think ? We have read threads where statistics show that 2 out of every 3 people raised as Jehovah's Witnesses eventually leave once they get in their 20's to 30's and out on their own. Personally between my JW siblings and myself we have 8 children between us. My children and my nieces and nephews are between the ages of 21 to 35 . Out of those 8 people - 4 of them have completely stopped attending meetings . And 1 more of them only attends half of the meetings. So out of the 8 - only 3 of them are fanatic Jehovah's Witnesses , pioneers or missionaries. So 50 % of my JW families younger generation has stopped attending meetings. They don't believe in it anymore.

If any of you here on the board are between 21 to 35 years of age - it's not too late to make a difference in your life and seek your freedom of mind. You don't have to be controlled by a mind control cult. You CAN make a difference in a positive way in this world by seeking a secure, happy life outside of the Jehovah's Witnesses. Pursue your dreams, live your life ! No need to feel guilt or fear anymore- the big bad dream the WT society taught you was and is an illusion. Go pursue happiness while you are young ! Get an education or whatever your goals are - be happy and fulfilled !

So I ask everyone here - What have you noticed in your JW families and congregations ? Are young people getting out of the witnesses and exiting more than in previous years in what you have noticed personally ? What kind of impact will this have on the numbers decreasing possibly in the WT organization ? I'm really curious as I see that lots of young people in my family are exiting ! As always - I look forward to your responses ! Peace out to all and be free you all ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• nelly136
    nelly136

the immediate impact is just the ones that leave, the long term impact is less breeders means less spawned ins to keep the numbers up. tis all good.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

In my country (eastern Europe) there was the big "comming in" in early 90´s, when JW became legaly regognized religion and Armageddon was supposed to come before "the end of this century" as stated in the WT in 1989. Many families came in, many young ones came in... Many congregations opened ...

Today basicly 0 recruitment success (except for foreign - russian language - field). JW kids, who were lucky not to be baptized before 17 do never get... So many of thouse baptized as little kids are leaving. No new congregationes formed in years, many are closing down.

Albert

• Gordy
    Gordy

Well out of my 7 children, only 2 are still JWs.
    Of the others 2 dissassociated, 3 never became JWs.

Many who they grew up with, in the congregation, have left also.

Even now we occasionally hear of ones, who were teenagers when I was there, now late 20's or early 30's, who have left.

It seems to be a case of "if not sooner, later" but it eventually happens.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

From what I saw in the last 5-10 years:

While there were a few "uber-witness" kids, the majority of them really don't take it seriously. They attend just to keep mommy and daddy off their back and to hang out with their friends.

Most of the kids are no different than kids in the "world" - they drink, smoke (cigs and weed), party, wish each other happy birthday, hang out with their df'ed friends, everything.

The adults either don't know or are in some kind of "My-child-is-perfect-la-la-land."

Every time a young person was df'ed the parents whined about how they didn't understand how it could happen. Excuse me......but EVERYONE else heard about Little Johnny's antics for years......Wake up.

• Gordy
    Gordy

palmtree67

I agree with you.

In the last say, 2-3 years I've been surprised by the number of young JWs I have met, when I've been out for a drink or in a club.

They usually come up to me and ask if I am (name one of my children) father.

Then they go on about how they don't really believe even half what the JWs teach.

• Mary
    Mary

Out of us 7 kids, only one's still a Dub.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I can only speak for the dubs that I know since I was never one myself and neither was any of my family. Well, my mom has cousins who are witnesses but I don't really know them at all.

My wife and her sister were raised as dubs along with their cousin who is about their age. Their cousin is baptized, my wife wants to be baptized, and her sister is living 'like the world' drinking, smoking, etc..

I also have some friends who were dubs not by choice. In one family, the mom was baptist and the dad converted to the witnesses. It cause strife in the marraige and they later divorced. All of the kids are now 'unbelievers.' Another old friend has a mom in the cult and she too is an 'unbeliever.'

So, so far, more young one leaving the 'truth' than sticking with it.

• flipper
    flipper

NELLY 136- Very true what you say. The more young JW's exiting - the less will raise children in the cult once they start having children.

ALBERT EINSTEIN- I'm glad to hear that congregations are closing down and not many new young people are getting baptized in Eastern Europe . And it's good that young ones who were baptized too young are exiting once they get older.

GORDY- That is great that only 2 of your 7 children are still witnesses. It is true as you say that it seems that in time " if not sooner, then later " many young ones eventually leave the cult. Which is a good thing.

PALMTREE - Very good point you make that lots of young people are carrying on normal " worldly " lives without their parents knowing or the elders. Then everybody freaks out if they get DFed. It shows you the adults don't know their teenagers like they think they do for sure. Young people are just going to appease mom and dad.

MARY- So out of you 7 kids- only 1 is a J-dub ? Wow. That is great. Out of my 3 older siblings - I'm the only one who is not a J-dub. Only 1 out of 4 of us left. Who knows ? Maybe someday one more of them will exit, you never know

• flipper
    flipper

GARYNEAL- That is good that your old friends most all of them got out and escaped the witnesses after growing up. Hopefully your wife won't join. Sounds like a lot of people you knew exited as well. Good news ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit