Round here we stay up very, very, very, very late I cant see nothing, nothing round here Catch me if I'm falling . . .

by nicolaou 20 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

August and Everything After is a mighty depressing CD at times. It's one of my all-time favorites though.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Sounds even better with some of the good stuff, then . . . . not so good . . . . . .

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

A long December and there's reason to believe
    Maybe this year will be better than the last

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

I can't remember all the times I tried to tell myself

To hold on to these moments as they pass

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

...she walks along the edge of where the ocean meets the land just like she's walkin' on a wire in the circus...

My favorite line of my favorite CD EVER! Just saw the Counting Crows in Maryland with Michael Franti and the Spearheads, I've seen them about 5 times, I LOVE Adam Duritz!!!

• dinah
    dinah

I saw them a long time ago and had never heard of them. Loved them!

• knows better
    knows better

the smell of hospitals in winter

and the feeling that is all a lot of osyters

but no pearls.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Cant you see my walls are crumbling?Then she looks up at the building and says shes thinking of jumpingShe says shes tired of life, she must be tired of something

The human condition, can anyone say they have never felt like that?

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Exactly. Sometimes musicians can express thoughts and feelings that we can't express for ourselves. There are several groups that have put out either songs or in this case entire CDs that really sum things up for me. This particular CD is one of them. There was also a group out around the same time (early 90s) called the Gin Blossoms that really spoke to me. Over the last couple of years, 3 Doors Down has been one of those groups for me.

• dinah
    dinah

One more reason I loved Kurt Cobain.

Everything always leads me back to the Stones.

I love a good writer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit