Was Jesus a hunchback, unibrowed dwarf?

by villabolo 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

So what do you think a perfect man should be like? Is he light, fair, or dark skinned? Which is more attractive which has been proven? Which is more compatible in the sun and would not cause cancer? Is anyone familiar with the properties of color? White reflects and black absorbs so would it make more sense to have a medium skin tone? Who said Jesus even looked Jewish? None of his mothers attributes pass on therefore his attributes are soley from GOD, the Designer and Creator of humans. Was his hair light medium or dark? Did he have facial hair or long hair? No one knows except those who saw him in person. So many questions to be answered wouldn't you all agree? How tall was he? If all men are created equal does that not mean that all men will grow to the same height? What about appearance, where do the attribute come from?

t.f.d.s.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

NWT (Luke 19:1-3) 19 And he entered Jer′i?cho and was going through. 2 Now here there was a man called by the name Zac?chae′us; and he was a chief tax collector, and he was rich. 3 Well, he was seeking to see who this Jesus was, but he could not for the crowd, because he was small in size.

Does this passage indicate for a certainty that Zacchaeus was 'small in size' - or that Jesus was?!

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Does this passage indicate for a certainty that Zacchaeus was 'small in size' - or that Jesus was?!

The highlighted one is the answer
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

why?

• villabolo
    villabolo

Nicolaou: "Does this passage indicate for a certainty that Zacchaeus was 'small in size' - or that Jesus was?!"

That is preciselly the point I brought earlier. Some translations have Zaccheus being referred to a the "small" one. However the Greek Interlinear in it's grammatical-I am not a scholar but some things are obvious-as well as the English transliteration, are ambigous and some English translations reflect that ambiguity although I doubt that the translator saw it that way or even knew about this issue.

Also the relevance of stating height should be taken into consideration. A normal size person would have the same trouble seeing Jesus through thick crowds.

Again my point is not to use this as definitive proof of any thing but when taking together with extrabiblical traditions it is a hint that Jesus appearance was different.

villabolo

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Oops! Really should read the whole thread before I post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit