Conversion Went Badly

by VoidEater 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That "time and unforeseen occurrence" excuse just about eliminates any "protection(??)" from Baghead's angels. You are supposed to give Baghead Jehovah the credit either way, yet He does precisely nothing worthy of credit.

• firemanmedic
    firemanmedic

Working in the First Aid department at conventions , many things happened to people during the sessions.Some serious.I worked quick bill projects and saw a heart attack that was fatal.It was one of my best friends father. While on an ambulance I went to the kingdom hall for a fatal heart attack. The brother collapsed, hit the wall, made a hole in the sheetrock.So things happen.It happens to the best and worst of us.

• parakeet
    parakeet

jabberwock: Parakeet, I heard an elder once say that we thank Jehovah when good things happen to us, but we don't blame him for the bad things.

Sometimes they do blame him. A correllary to Rule #3 is "if a dub has a run of bad luck, Jehovah is 'testing' him." Also known as the "Job" clause.

Even then, as a loyal Witness, I found such thinking completely untenable.

But they hang on to it anyway because otherwise they would not be Jehovah's "special" people; they would just be people.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

So sorry VE! That's a terrible way to go!

• loosie
    loosie

I haven't seen anything in print either saying they are entitled to divine protection. But the popular opinion ( thru email) is that Jah protects his people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit