Conversion Went Badly

by VoidEater 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

My Aunt's father, a formerly life-long adherent to the Apostolic Church, became a witness last year.

I just learned he went to the last assembly and died. Tripped and hit his head on an armrest.

I'm waiting for the next round of email that talks about Jehovah protecting his people with guardian angels. Maybe he missed the memo that this guy was entitled to divine intervention.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Seriously ???

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

The common phrase among witnesses is that this is an "unforseeable accident" and has nothing to do with Jehovah protecting individual persons.

Of course a phrase in the world for such sad things is he was "at the wrong place, at the wrong time".

• Priest73
    Priest73

Sorry to hear about your loss. That's a hell of a way to go.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Yes, true story.

I don't mean to make light of the guy's passing on, but it does show a certain irony when others talk about angelic protection.

Thanks, Priest - have to admit, I always found him a little creepy, I wasn't close to him. The Apostolic side of the family made the JW side of the family look pretty free-wheeling and carefree, by comparison. But my caution around him was more along the lines of "funny-strange" rather than "funny-ha ha".

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

when others talk about angelic protection

I have never seen anything written in the WT that made me think that we they were entitled to divine protection. Tell that to the Aussie congregation that got blown up a while back....

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

^ Oops! It is kinda embarrasing...

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

"Jehovah was loving enough to bring the Truth to him before he died." Typical CYA witness reasoning. W.Once

• dinah
    dinah

That's awful, Void. ....................time and unforeseen occurrence......yadda yadda yadda......

What a freaky accident.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Maybe the trip was god's way of taking him.

He works in mysterious ways you know !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit