What is my legacy?

by babygirl30 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Actually, my legacy to the wt is good. What they say about the way i left doesn't destroy my record.

S

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I was told by the elders that I would be df'd for refusing to obey their orders and stalk a homicidal maniac to prove adultery on his part.

Mouthy was df'd for stating her disbelief that Christ returned in 1914.

Barbara Anderson, Bill Bowen and many othrs have been df'd for coming forward about the child molestation problem in the organization.

Ray Franz and many others were df'd for telling the truth about the "truth".

I'd say you are in good company in the real world.

The people who think badly of and shun you are the same ones who serve a publishing company cult while laboring under the delusion that they soon will live on a paradise earth.

I'd say consider the source.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

I was told by the elders that I would be df'd for refusing to obey their orders and stalk a homicidal maniac to prove adultery on his part.

R u kidding me? They TOLD u that? WOW!!! 1 elder on my JC told me "we have chosen to DF you, although I know you probably thought reproof would be the decision, but I KNOW that YOU feel that reproof would not be what you wanted - it woudln't be enough". HUH???????? I must've looked at him like he was nuts cause it wasn't too long after that he called me 'mentally ill' and that I needed to rely more on Jehovah.

Telling you...the MORE I replay the things the elders have SAID and DONE to people (and reading everyone's experiences here) it confirms the reasons why I do not want to go back.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

It sounds like you are doing much better without them, why worry about what they think? If you made a good name with the dubs, think of how much easier it will be with the non judgemental "worldly" ones. Screw the JW's and what they think!

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

Sucks to be treated like that doesn't it? Be grateful you have non-judgemental friends here. I never had that in the 3 years since I left.

• parakeet
    parakeet

And now, after making a mistake, I will forever be remembered as 'disfellowshipped'. THAT is my legacy!!!

Nothing lasts forever. Trying to live a life to create a legacy after you're gone is pointless. You'll be dead -- you won't care then what anyone thinks. Live for the present. Forget about legacies (unless there's some cash in it and you adopt me).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit