Cry of the Heart

by compound complex 18 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

Coco, that's a very evocative image. The story would work nicely into a poem.

• goldensky
    goldensky

Dear Coco,

Sorry, but I didn't quite grasp it: it's not you, is it? Your stories are so touching!

After reading this one, I can't wait for my 10 year-old son and my 8 year-old daughter to be home tonight. And this is a promise, Coco: at least today, I'll try to remember what you wrote and I'll gladly come to them every time they call me, whether to help them with homework, to hold the paper for them so they can cut something out straight, to show me a drawing, to ask me to hand them the sponge they forgot to take to the shower with them, to ask me if they can have another cookie or to beg me for one more goodnight kiss... You've made me think of how often I show my impatience at their continuous requests... But I won't, today at least, and it will be thanks to you. And I'll do it for you, for them, for me... And maybe tomorrow as well...Because they are growing fast, because one day I will look back and long for the warmth of their bodies when I crawl into their beds at night to read bedtime stories, because one day I'll crave for their calls and their need for me. And that day won't take long, I know.

Thank you, Coco.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Wonderful hearing from you both, Mr. Doe and goldensky.

Perhaps a poem, JD ... Thank you for planting that thought.

You had stated earlier in His Silence Says It All, goldensky, that you never know what'll bring on a poem. Words to thet effect. Likewise, when listening to Cry of the Heart, I was transported to a time that you now enjoy with your children. I was and continue to be a hands-on dad and granddad. Yet I was too fussy - do I have to get dirty? Don't touch the hair! Stupid. Oughta see my hair now ... So, some of Mr. Anal-Retentive Dad of the story is me, or what I perceive as my failures.

Spend ever possible moment with your kids, as you've already claimed to be your want and establishing wont. Good for you. When they're gone - sorry, but it happens! - you and they will retain golden memories that you'll cherish forever.

Love,

CoCo Pater Noster

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Jason:

There is so little time; the lights are going out shortly and the doors will be locked - for good.

I wanted to be a good parent, but so much got in the way. And yes, the dying man does not wish

that he had spent more time at the office. Yet, it would appear I have been given another chance.

Jason, your unexpected visit meant so much to me. Will you bring Bobby and Sally with you the next time you

visit? They just might find their grandfather lovable.

Love,

Dad

• journey-on
    journey-on

I love the way you use words to paint emotion, coco. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

I was a very young mother. Lots of JW kids married early and began their families early. I had a lot of energy with my children, probably because I wasn't much more than a child myself. I cut this little poem out of the newspaper one day when my babies were still pink and chubby and carried it in my wallet for years and years. It's simple but it touched my heart and still does:

Oh give me patience when wee hands

tug at me with small demands

And give me gentle and smiling eyes

Keep my lips from hasty replies

Let not weariness, confusion, or noise

Obscure my vision of Life's fleeting joys

And when in years to come my house is still

No bitter memories, its rooms may fill.......annonymous

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

CoCo, I do hope your relationship with your child(ren) is not so sad as the one you put in writing. I do cherish all the things I shared, and still share, with my 2 teen children. When they were younger I've been their first teacher in skying, tennis, ice skating, table tennis, cycling, and also driving. Even spending an afternoon trying to set up a tent and finding at the end of the day that we have enough parts left to set up a second one is such an enriching experience for dad and kids. My son definitely realised in such circumstances that dad was not all powerful, and still sought my help to do his homework - mind, he did cry many times. Daughter learnt a lot from Mum and she also likes to let dad read her literature essays so as to get his opinion. We parents must admit that the feeling of having built up communication during these past years is very gratifying. Pourvu que ça dure (hope it will last).

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear JO and Aligot:

Thank you so much for your wonderful additions to this thread. Your words of personal experience
    and the poem, journey, are much appreciated. I copied out the wee hands poem for future use.

Love,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

This, my day's long and arduous journey,
    Is winding down as infinite night gracefully
    Descends and takes me into her welcomed
    Embrace ...

I have no reason to fear the inevitable,
    My transition into a higher and more
    Glorious state than was allowed me upon
    This beautiful but angst-filled habitation.

What must be borne with calm, with dignity,
    With rejoicing, is what has been prepared
    For me from the earliest times ...
    Its accomplishment requires nothing of me.

• Atman
    Atman

Reminds me of that song Cat's Cradle or something like that.

Yeah my Dad told me the other day he wishes he could have taken more time with us kids. I always thought he did great, he was there when I needed him that's what counts to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit