FOUND JW EMERGENCY CONTACT LIST TAKE A LOOK!!!!!

by tiffy0212 18 Replies latest jw friends

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

Looked into hubby's bag and found this paper. They want to know person to contact in case of emergency , name of person in case of a disaster or evacuation-where would you like to go? Those who might be traveling with you (name, relationship. How would you most likely travel? Make of car year color and lic plate#. Specific health problems, medications, doctor, hospital, health insurance names. Now the back of this form is very interesting. It would be good to have emergency supplies/equip both in home and in the car.

HOME

Bottled water-drinking/cooking - at least a 7 day supply NON perishale food easily opened and able to consume w/o cooking. Candles/water proof matches. Clock/watch-battery or manual operation. Radio batteries. Flashlight-waterproof batteries. Medications up to date. Extra batteries.

CAR

Keep gas tank full as much as possible. Identification. Medical directive card. Medication. First aid kit. Maps/compass. Telephone#'s. Water. Non perishable food. Candies/waterproof matches. Clock/watch-battery or manual operation. Radio/batteries. Blanket. Soap/paper towel. Small tarp-catching water, shade. Hand tools-screw driver, pliers, pocket knife. Duct tape. Small shovel and last but no least CASH.

SOME HAVE ITEMS PACKED IN A CONTAINER AND (1) IN TRUNK OF CAR (2) IN HOUSE, EASILY ACCESSIBLE.

Just waiting to see when he will start getting this togerther. Any thoughts on this form? Have any of you heard of this form? Are they getting ready for the big A?

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

They started this awhile ago - I think post-Katrina?

Oh - and another thought on this...wanna take bets on the facts that this is US and UK-specific?

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

Aren't they always ready? I've heard that stuff too... Whats the small shovel for? Burrying the bodies?

I will say some of that stuff is a good idea... Like the First Aid Kit in the car. I keep one and they are really useful...

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

He has a very small car and I don't think he can get all of this in his trunk. He might have to take out the back seat and pile it all in. His car group will probably have to ride on the top of his car. Where we live we don't have hurricanes, maybe it's in case of a tornado. Doesn't say anything about keeping books and bible in the car. And yes maybe the shovel is for burrying bodies I hope he will bury mine first.

• villabolo
    villabolo

A strong word of advise, for those who want to keep an emergency pack of canned food or medications in the trunk of their car. The heat in that trunk will make it spoil much, much faster than if kept at room temperature. Be sure to rotate it and consider not having it in the car during the summer time. Even water will get algae in it after a while.

villabolo

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Depending on the trip that you are taking, this is standard advice from the authorities...Around here in winter they recommend a shovel in case of snow...

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

It was all in a magazine a few months ago, on coping in a disaster.

A lot of it is standard advice. as is the hygiene advice given in the Asleep! and the "Salty drink that saves lives" for diarroea.

I would be more critical if a magazine that claims to have practical solutions DIDNT publish stuff like this.

HB

• nelly136
    nelly136

i should imagine after katrina they had a few jws disapear never to be seen again for one reason or another, so this is also a handy way of keeping track and tracking down anyone who does a runner

• Jessica196
    Jessica196

Hi Tiff,

Do you think you can find Nowvmbers Kingdom Ministry in that bag as well. I will be glad to furnish a email addres for you to send a scanned copy to.

Jessica

• sir82
    sir82

This is in response to Katrina - has nothing to do with Armageddon.

When Katrina hit, there were thousands of JWs who "disappeared" from all contact for weeks or even months at a time, due to relocating elsewhere.

This of course was pure havoc for counting field service reports and meeting attendance.

Oh yeah, and as a minor side point, maybe some of the "brothers" needed some sort of physical help - like clean drinking water or food. But the main problem was that it was impossible to monitor the "spiritual activity" of the sheep for an extended period.

It was an ideal opportunity for any who wished to fade.

To close this loophole, the Society commenced its "emergency contact" program, as outlined above.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit