On a scale of 1 to 10

by paul from cleveland 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    1 = Very anxious / Confused / Searching

Anxious? No. I'm not searching any longer. And not really confused. I'm old enough I've learned enough, been through enough, that I'm beginning to understand. I don't like it. It's not fair and I'm seriously pissed off about it all, but The Powers The Be don't really give a shit. But I'm a piss ant nobody so who cares, right?

So I'd vote for -1. How about -55.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i found JWD about 2 yrs ago
    still fervently praying to a god
    that was called jehovah...

spent the ensuing time reading
    thinking observing learning...
    heavily rooted in life sciences and
    historical/anthropological studies

i am reasonably convinced
    about my beliefs so i am going
    with the 9.9 sure of myself....

puts me in fine company

• dissed
    dissed

My present belief system would be very high, am very happy with a strong purpose in this life.

But......have no idea about the life after this one. No idea....thanks to the GB of the WTS.

Like my computer when it can't download a site when it says....."Still searching" That's me, and one reason why I'm here.

• freddo
    freddo

9.9 here too!

When I was a serving elder taking a group and on a service committee? About a 1.0 towards the end! (And never more than about a 5 at anytime!)

• cantleave
    cantleave

Great question Paul.

I am still at the early stages of the dissappointed of finding out I have been living my life in accordance to the decrees of a cult.

I don't know what I believe any more, all I know is I don't believe the BS of any organised religion.

Therefore I would place myself in the 2 - 3 category.

• ninja
    ninja

I now know I know next to nothing....yet it is far more than I knew as a witness....if that makes any sense......

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Don't know what I believe; I have lots of ideas, and interests.

I rate it a 10, very happy with learning, and not having to believe.

I love being able to read a science book for example, and not have it threaten my belief system.

I like that I no longer expect the world to be just, or fair; it just is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit