Why would non religious person wear a cross with Jesus on it?

by asilentone 15 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
  • Lillith26
    Lillith26

It's a symbol of self sacrifice..... you dont just have to be a religious person to appreciate the story and message....

Who made you the fashion police?????? do you wear a penguin suit? are you a penguin ? Penguin Wave

• trueblue
    trueblue

Just remember this guy playing religious music and told me that would bring him more work because people would think he was a good person, and I played rock and roll in the back of the building and got all the work.

From that I would think that a person not religious may wear a cross with Jesus on it to make other people think they are a good person.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

From experience, the less religious I have become the more I love religious symbols.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

(1) The cross has elements that make it attractive on its own merit--especially if it is gold plated. Symmetry is appealing to many, regardless of what it is supposed to stand for.

(2) Wearing a cross is a slap in the face to the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

May have been a gift from a friend.

or... may have belonged to a friend/family member who has passed away.

-Aude.

• trueblue
  • Beachwalker
    Beachwalker

I wear an Ankh, but I don't serve Ra! It's a symbol of life, and I fully support that

Beachwalker

• avishai
    avishai

Because they look cool?

• avishai
    avishai

Sometimes i wear this symbol because it looks cool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit