Why is Ray Franz the only GB member to have ever resigned?

by yadda yadda 2 24 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I agree with the poster who said why should they resign when they have everything free? To me they are like well-dressed panhandlers with a god-complex. They try to compel homage or obeisance hoping like hell the gullible followers don't wake up and tell them to get lost. Whether they genuinely believe great things about themselves or are just along for the ride who can say?

They are totally supported with free rent and the trimmings with gullible people putting them on a pedestal and looking up to them like they were the pope. What a heady feeling this must give them when the groupies all want to shake their hands and fawn all over them. I am sure humility isn't their strongest point which is why they 'achieved' the titles they have. I can't imagine them resigning with these perks. Who would? I am rather critical of all religious leaders and don't have much use for any of them.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

For one man from the small group at the very top to have resigned..is pretty amazing !

How many more do you want??

• JWoods
    JWoods

Didn't Greenlees resign (admittedly being probably forced to do so)? And maybe another one accused of homosexuality or pedophelia?

• Butterflyleia85
  • Sapphy
    Sapphy

The governing body is just the most senior body of elders in the JW religion. That's all it is.

This means they have the same politicing, maneuverinng for positions & cliques as any other body of elders. Maybe they have the tough guys, the softies, the thinkers and the doers.

They have one thing in common: they are all organisation men.

They all have a vested interest: their very livelihood depends on the continuation of the organisation.

They hang together as if their life depends on it, because it does.

A prinicpled resignation now, in the internet age - If the gb person was willing to speak would be even more devestating than Ray Franz's expose. We can only hope!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit